Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How does Minimserver build the upnp:AlbumArtURI property for content directories?
04-11-2021, 01:18
How does Minimserver build the upnp:AlbumArtURI property for content directories?
I ask, because Minimserver is applying the wrong AlbumArtURI for a bunch of directories from my Windows10-based NAS. Here's the part of the directory structure that gets the wrong property:

<Multi-cd box set folder name>
---- folder.jpg
---- cd1
-------- folder.jpg
-------- <track1 name>.flac
-------- <track2 name>.flac
---- cd2
-------- folder.jpg
-------- <track1 name>.flac
-------- <track2 name>.flac
---- cd3
---- cd4
---- cd5
---- cd33

Of course, each folder.jpg has unique image content corresponding to its specific parent directory.

The AlbumArtURI property is correct for directories cd1 and cd2 - but it's wrong for all following directories, cd3 through cd33. Basically Minimserver is applying the upnp:AlbumArtURI property for cd2 to all following directories. So I get the wrong album art in my control point app (upplay) and on the renderer (Yamaha RX-V485) during playback for those directories.

Anyone know what up?

Thanks,
pete
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-11-2021, 10:00
RE: How does Minimserver build the upnp:AlbumArtURI property for content directories?
I'm afraid I don't have an answer, but I've just tried it on Windows with an 18 CD box set and it worked fine for me, the last AlbumArtURI was:

<upnp:albumArtURI dlna:profileID="JPEG_MED">http://192.168.0.12:9790/minimserver/*/master/2012*20-*20Blur*2021/CD18/folder.jpg</upnp:albumArtURI>

Have you tried putting a known working folder.jpg into the CD3 folder to see if it gets picked up (like the one from CD1)?
Are you having this problem with all box sets?
04-11-2021, 11:09 (This post was last modified: 04-11-2021 11:15 by simoncn.)
RE: How does Minimserver build the upnp:AlbumArtURI property for content directories?
The selection of album art for a disc of a multidisc album is described in this section.

According to this section, the search order does not include folder.jpg files in individual disc folders. Instead, you need to have discname.jpg files in these folders, where discname is the value of the DISCSUBTITLE tag for the disc.

I will do a test to verify what is actually happening.
04-11-2021, 13:45
Apologies, it's been so long since I decided on how to handle "box sets" that I forgot it's not the "standard".
For me, if a release contains any albums I essentially tag it as though it's a bunch of albums, and have a tag called BOXTITLE where I place the name of the release.

I then have in tagFormat:
Album.displayFormat={$Date^^ - ^$Album^^^$boxtitle^ (from the boxset '^')^}

Whilst I can't browse the release as a single entity, it's very rarely that I want to do that, and tagging them as individual albums allows me to search for the album by name and see in the album list all the versions I have of that album e.g.

Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (from the boxset 'The Beatles')
Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (from the boxset 'The Beatles In Mono')
Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (Super Deluxe Edition)

Viewing an album does look a little strange as typically the discnumber will be >1, but the boxtitle in the album name reminds me that it's part of a bigger release.

In short, ignore my previous post.
04-11-2021, 14:44 (This post was last modified: 04-11-2021 14:48 by usery.)
(04-11-2021 13:45)simbun Wrote:  Apologies, it's been so long since I decided on how to handle "box sets" that I forgot it's not the "standard".

In short, ignore my previous post.

Thanks for your replies - and I followed your instructions: I'm ignoring your previous post : )

This is my only 'box set' directory with this problem. All other such directories work fine, all child directories get the correct AlbumArtURI property, with the correct local folder.jpg file from the respective directories.
04-11-2021, 15:22
(04-11-2021 11:09)simoncn Wrote:  The selection of album art for a disc of a multidisc album is described in this section.

According to this section, the search order does not include folder.jpg files in individual disc folders. Instead, you need to have discname.jpg files in these folders, where discname is the value of the DISCSUBTITLE tag for the disc.

I will do a test to verify what is actually happening.

Thanks for the reply. I read that reference section before posting and it didn't explain why the wrong upnp:AlbumArtURI property is applied for this one directory tree only. All my other multi-disc 'box set' content directories work fine, all with unique local "folder.jpg" files at parent and child directory levels.
05-11-2021, 10:35
I created a multidisc album using DISCNUMBER and DISCSUBTITLE to distinguish the discs and I couldn't get it to use folder.jpg (other than it using the first it encounters for everything), I had to name the images the same as the DISCSUBTITLE tag as @simoncn pointed out in a previous post, but because there's so many variables at play here (did you use DISCSUBTITLE or did you name your album with disc/subtitle information embedded in it; is there embedded artwork e.t.c.) it would be useful if you could send a trace log of a multidisc album that is using the folder.jpg from each subdirectory, and then a trace log from the multidisc album that isn't.

Ideally you'd choose a multidisc album with only a few discs (or remove most of the discs temporarily) as the log gets quite big.

To create a trace log:

Close your control point
Restart MinimServer (probably not needed)
Using MinimWatch open the log window
Using your control point navigate to your multidisc album until you see it in your album list but don't select it yet
In the MinimWatch log window, change the Logging Level to Trace, and clear the log
Select the multidisc album from your control point
At this point you should see output in the log window, if not then your control point is caching the data
Set the log window Logging Level back to Info
Copy the contents of the log window into a text file

Do this for both multidisc albums and zip the contents and post back here.

I don't think the log will show us how you're setting up your multidisc albums, so are you using the DISCNUMBER and DISCSUBTITLE approach or the album naming route (could you send a couple of examples if this is the case).