Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WD MyCloud
27-04-2021, 19:39
WD MyCloud
Hi, I'm not sure if this has been asked before, but apologies if it has been already addressed.
I have a Cambridge Audio media player and use it access my music on my WD MyCloud NAS drive. However, this serves all tracks in alphabetical order, rather than in album sequence. Cambridge Audio recommend that I upgrade to something like the MinimServer. Alas I don't think you can upgrade the media player from it's existing Twonky server.
Is there any way I can utilise your Minim Server, probably on my laptop on the same network?
Regards, Richard
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
27-04-2021, 20:16
RE: WD MyCloud
(27-04-2021 19:39)richard@allenbs.co.uk Wrote:  Hi, I'm not sure if this has been asked before, but apologies if it has been already addressed.
I have a Cambridge Audio media player and use it access my music on my WD MyCloud NAS drive. However, this serves all tracks in alphabetical order, rather than in album sequence. Cambridge Audio recommend that I upgrade to something like the MinimServer. Alas I don't think you can upgrade the media player from it's existing Twonky server.
Is there any way I can utilise your Minim Server, probably on my laptop on the same network?
Regards, Richard
This is possible, you can install a trial version.
Your NAS however is not suitable for using MinimServer.
27-04-2021, 20:20
RE: WD MyCloud
You can install MinimServer on your laptop and use it to access your music library stored in a shared folder on your WD MyCloud NAS.

See this page for details of how to install and run MinimServer on a Windows laptop. If you have the MyCloud shared folder mounted as a Windows drive letter, enter the root directory of this drive in the contentDir property. For example, if the shared folder is mounted as Z:, enter Z:\ for contentDir.