Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oppo 203 & HEO connection issues
10-04-2021, 11:28
Oppo 203 & HEO connection issues
I have 2 MinimServer instances, one on my iMac & the other on my Synology NAS. Recently the instance on my iMac has been dropping the connection to my Oppo 203 & HEOS app for my Marantz A7705. I can see the Synology instance and it works as expected. I rebooted my stuff but that has not solved the issue. NOTE: I can see both instances from the NAS front end (DSM) on my iMac and can manipulate both as required. Everything is connected via the 2.4 ghz wireless network. My Oppo 203 is hardwired to my network and it ocassionaly sees the Mac instance of MinimServer but then drops out never to be seen again. The same can be said for the HEOS app that connects to my A7705. Likewise, my iPads and iPhones do the same thing with the iMac instance. The Synology instance is visible and working on HEOS & Oppo 203 and via the iPhone & iPads. This just started happening in the last month. Any suggestions as to where to look would be most welcome. Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-04-2021, 12:25
RE: Oppo 203 & HEO connection issues
Please provide full details of your network including router, any switches, wireless access point (if not handled by the router) and any physical Ethernet connections (I presume at least the NAS is connected in this way).
10-04-2021, 13:26
(10-04-2021 12:25)simoncn Wrote:  Please provide full details of your network including router, any switches, wireless access point (if not handled by the router) and any physical Ethernet connections (I presume at least the NAS is connected in this way).
Network Components:
Araknis Router: AN-310-RT-4L2W
Araknis WAP: AN-700-AP-I-AC
Netgear GB Switch: GS108

Connections to Router: Feed to WAP, Feed to Netgear switch, Main feed from Cable Modem, Spare connection for laptop access

Connection to Netgear SW:
Synology NAS, Oppo 203, A7705, Sony TV, Roku, C4 Control unit, Feed from router.

All was working well until recently. I looked at the iMac MinimServer crash log and there have been a few crash logs in recent days.
10-04-2021, 13:39
Thanks for this. Please post the most recent crash log as a file attachment.
10-04-2021, 13:45
(10-04-2021 13:39)simoncn Wrote:  Thanks for this. Please post the most recent crash log as a file attachment.

Attached File(s)
.log  minimserver-crash-20210405-084246.log (Size: 9.61 KB / Downloads: 2)
10-04-2021, 13:58
Thanks for this. It looks like this crash is caused by something unexpected in the tagFormat property. What do you have in this property?
10-04-2021, 15:44
(10-04-2021 13:58)simoncn Wrote:  Thanks for this. It looks like this crash is caused by something unexpected in the tagFormat property. What do you have in this property?
This is what's there currently;
Title.displayFormat={$Title^^, $location^^^}, Album.displayFormat={$albumArtist^^: $album^^; $#audioquality},
10-04-2021, 15:58
I have a question regarding my setup. Several day's ago I updated the DSM firmware via a patch Synology sent. It suggested that I disable my admin account and create another login with admin privileges which I did. I know I'm logged into the new DSM account. I'm far from a network administrator so how do I know / verify that the Mac instance of MinimServer is connected to the new account? Like I mentioned, the Synology instance works fine.
10-04-2021, 20:20
I could not reproduce the StringIndexOutOfBoundsException with your tagFormat setting but I could reproduce it by putting two consecutive $ characters in the setting. I will fix this problem in the next MinimServer update.

As you have changed your tagFormat setting to work around this problem, it should not be related to the discovery issues you are seeing.

Your Synology NAS is hard wired to the router via the switch. Your iMac is (I presume) connected wirelessly via the WAP. This suggests that the UPnP discovery problem is related to the wireless connection. Can you try using an Ethernet connection from your iMac to the switch to see whether this makes a difference?
10-04-2021, 21:10
(10-04-2021 20:20)simoncn Wrote:  I could not reproduce the StringIndexOutOfBoundsException with your tagFormat setting but I could reproduce it by putting two consecutive $ characters in the setting. I will fix this problem in the next MinimServer update.

As you have changed your tagFormat setting to work around this problem, it should not be related to the discovery issues you are seeing.

Your Synology NAS is hard wired to the router via the switch. Your iMac is (I presume) connected wirelessly via the WAP. This suggests that the UPnP discovery problem is related to the wireless connection. Can you try using an Ethernet connection from your iMac to the switch to see whether this makes a difference?
I tried moving the connection from the switch to the router for my NAS. It worked for a bit but then returned acting wonky.

Regarding my iMac hardwiring, it's on the 2nd floor in my office while the NAS & rest of stuff is in my basement. At the moment, I don't have a LAN cable long enough to test it. I will get one this week and try it but it can't stay that way. My wife has ben very understanding regarding all the stuff I have but she WILL NOT let me have a cable running from the 2nd floor to the basement if you catch my drift...