Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Artist Artwork
05-02-2021, 01:27
RE: Artist Artwork
I have kind of the same problem. Before i used a server and streamer solution, was my libary on my PC and i used JRiver for playing my music and felt in love with the artist artwork (as you can see in the picture).

[Image: image.png]

The artwork of the artist is implemented as a stack of the covers of the artists albums. And if you "touch" the artist with your mouse, they are changing.
Is it somehow possible to use all the covers for the artist artwork? And they are looking like they are stacked as the upper picture.
I know its a big wish. Or should this be made by the provider of the streaming app ?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-02-2021, 08:28
Something like this JRiver animated image would need to be implemented by the control point (streaming app). As a UPnP server, MinimServer is constrained by the UPnP protocol and the capabilities of the wide range of UPnP control points that it needs to support. JRiver controls both the server and client ends, which enables it to do this.
05-02-2021, 10:26
(05-02-2021 08:28)simoncn Wrote:  Something like this JRiver animated image would need to be implemented by the control point (streaming app). As a UPnP server, MinimServer is constrained by the UPnP protocol and the capabilities of the wide range of UPnP control points that it needs to support. JRiver controls both the server and client ends, which enables it to do this.

Okay! Thanks for the Info! Smile
05-02-2021, 12:45
(05-02-2021 01:27)Regade Wrote:  Before i used a server and streamer solution, was my libary on my PC and i used JRiver for playing my music and felt in love with the artist artwork.

Just out of curiosity, what attracted you to move from Jriver to MinimServer?
07-02-2021, 20:12
(05-02-2021 12:45)Alandbush Wrote:  
(05-02-2021 01:27)Regade Wrote:  Before i used a server and streamer solution, was my libary on my PC and i used JRiver for playing my music and felt in love with the artist artwork.

Moving to a streaming solution. Right now i`m using a DAC and a PC with my Hifi system, but i want to move to a streaming solution without my PC (Streamer + Tablet).

Jriver is in my opinion one of the best software solutions to play the music from a NAS and the Apps on the market from the companies of the streamers are in comparison bullshit (sry for my diction).

But there is no other possibility i know of.
07-02-2021, 22:32 (This post was last modified: 07-02-2021 22:32 by Alandbush.)
(07-02-2021 20:12)Regade Wrote:  

Moving to a streaming solution. Right now i`m using a DAC and a PC with my Hifi system, but i want to move to a streaming solution without my PC (Streamer + Tablet).

Jriver is in my opinion one of the best software solutions to play the music from a NAS and the Apps on the market from the companies of the streamers are in comparison bullshit (sry for my diction).

Ah! I understand.

Agreed, the tablet apps don't do visual gymnastics with artwork. Most likely because they rely on a 3rd party music server via UPNP for the information.

I wonder if the closed systems such as Auralic or Aurender etc. provide more exciting visual displays.
07-02-2021, 23:27
(07-02-2021 22:32)Alandbush Wrote:  
(07-02-2021 20:12)Regade Wrote:  

Ah! I understand.

Agreed, the tablet apps don't do visual gymnastics with artwork. Most likely because they rely on a 3rd party music server via UPNP for the information.

I wonder if the closed systems such as Auralic or Aurender etc. provide more exciting visual displays.

Same with Cambridge. Price/Performance in terms of hardware is super nice. And then you pay such an amout of mony and get such a crappy software solution. Good to manage mostly everything through MinimServer.
07-02-2021, 23:31
Please don't quote a stack of old posts when replying. It clutters the forum and makes it hard to read. A simple way to avoid this is to use the "New Reply" button instead of "Reply".
12-03-2022, 23:56 (This post was last modified: 13-03-2022 00:07 by randy16randy.)
Huh
(30-10-2020 16:26)simoncn Wrote:  The feature is now available in MinimServer 2 update 173. See this section for details.

I know this is an older post but the thread is exactly what I'm interested in...

I am on Synology DSM6 running licensed MinimServer 2.1-0600 (latest as of March 12/2022).
I have only recently started using MiniMServer so am still testing and finetuning the options available. My current settings are as follows:

=================================
tagOptions = all.ignore.sort={The,THE,the}, album.sortTags={AlbumArtist,+Date,Album}, folder.sortTags={AlbumArtist,Album,Date,Tracknumber,Title}
tagValue = Artist.Value.Sort={AlbumArtist}
listViewAlbums = 99999
serverOptions = indexArtwork={auto}
=================================

I'm satisfied with sorting and grouping for now - certainly functional, so am now investigating artwork display options.
Currently, Albums and Songs DO show artwork however Artist and All Artist items in my Library do NOT.
I had though with the recent 2.1 update that adding the IndexArtwork config item shown above would make that happen.
I use iTunes for Windows for managing my music - all tracks have artwork embedded.
I do NOT have any JPG files in my music folders although there is folder with my iTunes database name AlbumArtwork containing ITC2 files.

What am I missing?
Thanks
13-03-2022, 07:27
Have you created the indexArtwork folder?
Follow this guide
https://minimserver.com/ug-other.html#Index%20artwork