Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tagupdatefile
12-11-2018, 12:51
RE: Tagupdatefile
Thanks for posting this. It is interesting to see the number of variant spellings of each composer name. This makes it very clear why you wanted to be able to match multiple values to improve the readability of the file.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-05-2019, 08:57
@Reinibert thank you very much for providing this file. Saves me a lot of work!
08-12-2020, 18:41
I have a question about how the update file works.

I have a tag called FAVORITE which at the moment has only a few items in it. This tag is in my index so it shows up with the information related to the albums as expected.

However the results also display [UNKNOWN] which is a list of all the files without FAVORITE tag. Is there any way to have [UNKNOWN] not be part of the index results? Thanks
08-12-2020, 19:36
It is not possible to prevent the [unknown] index entry from being shown.
08-12-2020, 21:14 (This post was last modified: 08-12-2020 21:14 by simbun.)
If your FAVORITE tag has only one value you'd probably be best to use it as a filter:
indexTag: Favorite=1 (assuming 1 is the value you're using)

If you have multiple values in that tag and it's the [UNKNOWN] that you don't like, you could always set a default such as Other?
08-12-2020, 21:27
How is Other (for the missing tags) better than [unknown]?
08-12-2020, 21:57
(08-12-2020 21:27)simoncn Wrote:  How is Other (for the missing tags) better than [unknown]?

Visually :-)
Arguably (depending on the other values in the tag), even Unknown is better than [unknown], plus they'd be in control of it so could specify whatever they wanted, although I was hoping that the filter would actually address the demand depending upon what they meant by "which at the moment has only a few items in it".
08-12-2020, 22:12
The [] has a specific meaning. It indicates that the tag value is missing and this is not a real tag value. Showing Unknown with no [] could mean there is an actual tag value with a value of "Unknown".

Also, the [unknown] entry is automatically sorted to the end of the list. An Unknown entry would be close to the end but not right at the end.
08-12-2020, 23:13
(08-12-2020 22:12)simoncn Wrote:  The [] has a specific meaning. It indicates that the tag value is missing and this is not a real tag value. Showing Unknown with no [] could mean there is an actual tag value with a value of "Unknown".

Also, the [unknown] entry is automatically sorted to the end of the list. An Unknown entry would be close to the end but not right at the end.

I understand that [unknown] in MinimServer is akin to missing in database speak, and I think that it's a sensible default to have; the user knows that it's not one of their tags and because it's a constant you're able to order it so it appears at the bottom, but given that one of the things people love about MinimServer is its customisable nature, surely it doesn't offend you that someone may want to label it something different, and given you can apply a sort value to a tag you can choose to display the custom label in whatever order you like.

I'm sorry if you didn't like my suggestion, I wasn't implying one value was better than the other, I was just giving a fellow user some options, if, as I asked, it was "the [UNKNOWN] that you don't like", plus he posted in a thread about tagUpdate so I thought that's where he might be heading.

Truce? Wink
09-12-2020, 08:16
It is not that I didn't like your suggestions. I was explaining the reason for the [], not just to you but also to other users. At some point, I expect there will be a way for the user to specify a default value for a missing tag, as we have discussed in other threads. No truce is needed. Smile