no
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
download link for minimserver-0.8.5.2-intel.qpkg
28-11-2020, 14:12
download link for minimserver-0.8.5.2-intel.qpkg
Hello,
Since I updated to version 2 on my Qnap the indextag field (server properties > server) is grey; I cannot anymore add tags. The version 0.8xxx running on my other NAS still allows me to edit this field.
Already tried to uninstall/reinstall . If it doesn't work I clearly prefer to get back to ver 0.8.5.2
Can someone provide a valid download link for minimserver-0.8.5.2-intel.qpkg ?

cheers
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
28-11-2020, 15:21
RE: download link for minimserver-0.8.5.2-intel.qpkg
MinimServer 2 requires a paid license to enable full customization of properties such as indexTags. This is clearly stated on all pages of the MinimServer website. Unfortunately QNAP does not provide a mechanism for MinimServer to display a suitable message to the user before MinimServer 2 is installed.

Which model of QNAP NAS do you have?
28-11-2020, 17:23
(28-11-2020 15:21)simoncn Wrote:  MinimServer 2 requires a paid license to enable full customization of properties such as indexTags. This is clearly stated on all pages of the MinimServer website. Unfortunately QNAP does not provide a mechanism for MinimServer to display a suitable message to the user before MinimServer 2 is installed.

Which model of QNAP NAS do you have?

Hi,
indeed I would have liked to know before I accept the update ... and I cannot find the qpkg file anymore.
One should be able to decide.
I run a TS-251+
28-11-2020, 17:36
I would have liked to let you know as well. Synology allows me to show the user a dialog explaining this but QNAP doesn't.

You can download the previous version (for all Intel models) from this link. After downloading it, unzip the file and do a manual install in the QNAP App Center. Your previous configuration settings should be restored automatically.
29-11-2020, 20:23
(28-11-2020 17:36)simoncn Wrote:  I would have liked to let you know as well. Synology allows me to show the user a dialog explaining this but QNAP doesn't.

You can download the previous version (for all Intel models) from this link. After downloading it, unzip the file and do a manual install in the QNAP App Center. Your previous configuration settings should be restored automatically.

thanks a lot; I'll give it a try soon.
MinimServer is great and fast; works fine with Linn gears.

It would have been great and a fair trade is the new version had provided a 'new added' customizable category with a setting to show the 10, 20 or whatever last CDs put on the server.
16-01-2021, 17:06
Hi
I've just updated from MinimServer 0.8 to 2 on my Qnap NAS and didn't realise that it would update to a new version. I've found this thread and tried to manually install the earlier version from the link shown above, but Minimserver now shows the following message "Previously installed package minimserver-update-179 conflicts with this installation". Should I have deleted version 2 before installing the earlier one or is something else wrong.
cheers
16-01-2021, 17:47
If you are running MinimWatch, click Restart. If not, stop and start MinimServer from the QNAP App Center.