Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
can't get index artwork to work
15-11-2020, 19:23 (This post was last modified: 15-11-2020 19:25 by Peter StreamMagic.)
can't get index artwork to work
I am trying to ad some pictures using the new index artwork feature but I must be doing something wrong.
I created a new folder and would expect that at least the composer (Vivaldi) and artist (Pink Floyd) show up in Kazoo.
I did rescan my library and as far as I am aware there are no faults in notation.(Ctrl C, Ctrl V)

Probably something stupid I overlooked, but what?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
15-11-2020, 22:37
RE: can't get index artwork to work
All these screenshots look correct.

Which control point are you using? Some control points download the MinimServer library contents and create their own indexes for artist and composer. In this case, the control point would not have access to the indexArtwork image because this is available only in the indexes that MinimServer creates. If this is the reason for the problem, this behaviour should be the same when using your control point with any other UPnP server.

Can you try a different control point to confirm this?
15-11-2020, 23:04
(15-11-2020 22:37)simoncn Wrote:  All these screenshots look correct.

Which control point are you using? Some control points download the MinimServer library contents and create their own indexes for artist and composer. In this case, the control point would not have access to the indexArtwork image because this is available only in the indexes that MinimServer creates. If this is the reason for the problem, this behaviour should be the same when using your control point with any other UPnP server.

Can you try a different control point to confirm this?

Most of the the time I use Kazoo, but I have also tried Bubble DS , Lumin, MConnect and CA Connect to no avail.
15-11-2020, 23:22
I am surprised to hear this because some of the control points you have mentioned don't download the MinimServer library and create their own index.

I will give this more thought and post back here if I have any ideas about what could be causing the problem.
15-11-2020, 23:43
(15-11-2020 23:22)simoncn Wrote:  I am surprised to hear this because some of the control points you have mentioned don't download the MinimServer library and create their own index.

I will give this more thought and post back here if I have any ideas about what could be causing the problem.
I understand that at least both BubbleDS and Linn Kazoo should be able to work correct with this feature.
16-11-2020, 09:41
Are you sure you have update 173 or higher installed? If you haven't restarted MinimServer recently, it is possible that you are still on an older update level.

Also, please try exiting MinimServer and relaunching it from the Windows desktop launch icon. Another user had an issue that was resolved by doing this.
16-11-2020, 10:27
(16-11-2020 09:41)simoncn Wrote:  Are you sure you have update 173 or higher installed? If you haven't restarted MinimServer recently, it is possible that you are still on an older update level.

Also, please try exiting MinimServer and relaunching it from the Windows desktop launch icon. Another user had an issue that was resolved by doing this.

I will have a look this evening but I am pretty sure update 175 is installed.
I did a restart as well and a restart from my PC.
16-11-2020, 19:29
(16-11-2020 10:27)Peter StreamMagic Wrote:  
(16-11-2020 09:41)simoncn Wrote:  Are you sure you have update 173 or higher installed? If you haven't restarted MinimServer recently, it is possible that you are still on an older update level.

I will have a look this evening but I am pretty sure update 175 is installed.
I did a restart as well and a restart from my PC.
Just checked I am on update 175

I have exited and relaunched MinimServer from the Windows desktop launch icon as you asked me to do, this didn't resolve the problem.
I removed the "genre icon" and rescanned and restarted, suspecting this might cause the problem but still no effect.
16-11-2020, 20:34
Are you browsing by folder view or tag view? Index artwork is shown only in tag view, not in folder view.
16-11-2020, 20:52
(16-11-2020 20:34)simoncn Wrote:  Are you browsing by folder view or tag view? Index artwork is shown only in tag view, not in folder view.

I seldom use folder view, why should I, MinimServer is designed and working perfect using tag view!