Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cannot get it working on a QNAP TS-239 Pro+ II+
20-06-2012, 21:13
Cannot get it working on a QNAP TS-239 Pro+ II+
To all experts.
Since I was reading about the new version 0.51 on the Linn forum I have tried to install Minim for the second time but somehow it is not working.

So I have installed the QPKG. DIsabled Twonky. Enabled Minim Server 0,51. The logo on the QPKG Center turning green. But.. both Chorus DS HD and Songbook Lite as well as Kinsky are unable to find the server. Followed the instructions. Disabled and enabled again (2 times), restarted the server. But unfortunately no result. Minim Watch on my PC turns to yellow during the attemps but turns to grey afterwards. Then I cannot click the logfile.

So I am really interested in Minim but I need some help to get started.

Anybody having a hint?

Thanks,

Hans
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
20-06-2012, 22:13
RE: Cannot get it working on a QNAP TS-239 Pro+ II+
(20-06-2012 21:13)Hans Wrote:  To all experts.
Since I was reading about the new version 0.51 on the Linn forum I have tried to install Minim for the second time but somehow it is not working.

So I have installed the QPKG. DIsabled Twonky. Enabled Minim Server 0,51. The logo on the QPKG Center turning green. But.. both Chorus DS HD and Songbook Lite as well as Kinsky are unable to find the server. Followed the instructions. Disabled and enabled again (2 times), restarted the server. But unfortunately no result. Minim Watch on my PC turns to yellow during the attemps but turns to grey afterwards. Then I cannot click the logfile.

So I am really interested in Minim but I need some help to get started.

Anybody having a hint?

Thanks,

Hans

If the MinimWatch icon turns yellow and then grey, this means that MinimServer has crashed.

If you have enough time while the icon is still yellow, right click the icon and select Properties. From the Properties dialog, select Advanced. On the Advanced dialog, change the .logFile setting from minimserver.log to /share/Public/minimserver.log and press OK. This will redirect the MinimServer log to the Public share of the QNAP.

You need to do all this before the icon turns grey. If that's not possible, please let me know and I'll suggest something else.

If you were able to redirect the log while the icon was still yellow, look in the QNAP Public share from a PC or Mac after MinimServer crashes. You should be able to retrieve the minimserver.log file from there. If there's an error message near the end of this file, please post the error message here.
24-06-2012, 18:09
I have tried to access the Minim Watch while starting up on the QNAP. I now have a red icon saying Java heap space like Guussie.
25-06-2012, 00:56
I've got a fix for this problem. Please can you try a test build of MinimServer to see if it starts up correctly.

To try this, please do the following:

1. From the QPKG Plugins page, completely remove (not disable) MinimServer
2. Download the test build from this link.
3. From the QPKG Plugins page, install the test build
4. From the QPKG Plugins page, enable MinimServer

Please let me know what happens.
27-06-2012, 23:07
(25-06-2012 00:56)simoncn Wrote:  I've got a fix for this problem. Please can you try a test build of MinimServer to see if it starts up correctly.

To try this, please do the following:

1. From the QPKG Plugins page, completely remove (not disable) MinimServer
2. Download the test build from this link.
3. From the QPKG Plugins page, install the test build
4. From the QPKG Plugins page, enable MinimServer

Please let me know what happens.
It's working! Big Grin
Now I could see the logging I know that probably I was too impatience the first times I have installed it. It took about 15 minutes to really start.
The log file is pretty big. I'll send you in a separate mail. I'll share my experience in a few weeks whenI gathered some experience. First impression: quicker responses than Twonky, covers in folder view. Nice.

Thanks for your help!

Hans
27-06-2012, 23:28
I'm very glad to hear it's working now.

MinimServer takes longer to start the first time because it needs to read all your music files. It writes information from the music files to a cache, and this makes it quicker to start MinimServer in the future because it only needs to read files that have changed since the previous startup.

I'll be interested to look at your log and see if there's anything in there that indicates any problems when MinimServer is reading your music files.