Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Artist artwork
04-07-2020, 17:02
Artist artwork
Hi all,

Apologies for asking this as I'm sure you've had the question many times before but I just wanted to check...

I've been using MinimServer for many years (it's fantastic) and only just getting round to making it look a little prettier via the Naim app by adding images to playlists etc. I'd like to add images to Artists but my understanding is that you can only do this for Folder view - I sort my music by artist/album so wouldn't be a problem but just wanted to check that there's no way of adding artist images for either the track artist or album artist views.

Thanks everyone
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-07-2020, 17:52
RE: Artist artwork
This feature is not available at present. It is a high-priority planned enhancement to MinimServer 2.
04-07-2020, 19:09
(04-07-2020 17:52)simoncn Wrote:  This feature is not available at present. It is a high-priority planned enhancement to MinimServer 2.

Many thanks for the quick reply and also for such a fantastic product. Very much looking forward to this feature + sorting by date (easy playback of recently added music) etc.
09-07-2020, 22:37
(04-07-2020 19:09)WigglyWoo Wrote:  
(04-07-2020 17:52)simoncn Wrote:  This feature is not available at present. It is a high-priority planned enhancement to MinimServer 2.

Many thanks for the quick reply and also for such a fantastic product. Very much looking forward to this feature + sorting by date (easy playback of recently added music) etc.

RE: Sort By Date Added
This may have been highlighted before but the way in which I identify recently added albums is as follows:
I created a tag called "TAGGINGTIME" in index tags in minimserver. I then use MP3tag to add the taggging date for newly downloaded/ripped CD albums. Taggingtime is one of the dropdowns in MP3tag. Format for entry is - YYYYMMDD in that order. Subsequent albums for that month are then added but with the same day. This gives a month by month view of added albums. So for this month (June 2020) I would use 20200601 for every album added in June. For July I would use 20200701...and so on. Obviously if you use the actual date of adding an album e.g. 20200613, then you'd be creating a different folder for each day, which I don't think anyone would want.
I actually picked this idea up from the Forum and it has been working for me for over a year.
Hope this helps.
10-07-2020, 09:29
(09-07-2020 22:37)HardBop Wrote:  Obviously if you use the actual date of adding an album e.g. 20200613, then you'd be creating a different folder for each day, which I don't think anyone would want.

Or, if you want to preserve the granularity of when the album was added, use the actual date in the tag and add to tagOptions:
<Tag used to store date>.yearMonth.index.sort