Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tag formatting - cannot get to work
20-05-2020, 09:33
RE: Tag formatting - cannot get to work
Hi Simon,

thanks for the extra info - getting a bit over my head now... I'll work on playing with the 9 metadata tags that you listed above, and accept that I cannot do anything more with the #Audio ones.

kind regards, Karen.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
20-05-2020, 10:52 (This post was last modified: 20-05-2020 10:57 by simoncn.)
You can use #Audio tags as values for the tags listed above and you can use #Audio tags as values in indexFormat.
20-05-2020, 15:08
hmmm - I am interested in this last comment "you can use #Audio tags as values in indexFormat". I would love to set up an Index that combined the two fields #audioformat and #audiodata but am struggling to get a syntax that works.

I have indexTags including .., #AudioData:Audio Data, #AudioFormat:Format,

And then tried tagFormat of #AudioFormat.indexFormat={$#audioformat$#audiodata}

But no joy. Should this be possible?
thanks again, sorry for hassle,
Karen.
20-05-2020, 15:47
(20-05-2020 15:08)Karen Wrote:  hmmm - I am interested in this last comment "you can use #Audio tags as values in indexFormat". I would love to set up an Index that combined the two fields #audioformat and #audiodata but am struggling to get a syntax that works.

Karen.

The answer is in the following paragraph:-

The indexFormat option doesn't replace any existing tags in the item. For example, the option
WorkByTitle.indexFormat={$title$tonality$opusnumber$subtitle}
would add a WorkByTitle tag if it doesn't exist in this item. No tag would be added if the item already has a WorkByTitle tag. This limitation doesn't apply to the Artist tag.

Above extracted from the Index tag formatting section of the user guide.

Try adding an index entry, that is not an existing tag, and refer to it in an indexFormat entry.
20-05-2020, 16:01
Once you have seen the values associated with these special audio tags, you may feel inclined to create another 'audio' tag to present the values in the format you require as per the following:-

NEW] In MinimServer 2, you can use special tags such as #AudioData and #AudioChannels as match and filter values in @ and & instructions. You can't update special tags using =, - or + instructions.

You can achieve this using the tagUpdate property via the tagUpdate file.
Refer to tag update file for more information.[/b]
20-05-2020, 18:04
(20-05-2020 15:47)Alandbush Wrote:  
(20-05-2020 15:08)Karen Wrote:  hmmm - I am interested in this last comment "you can use #Audio tags as values in indexFormat". I would love to set up an Index that combined the two fields #audioformat and #audiodata but am struggling to get a syntax that works.

Karen.

The answer is in the following paragraph:-

The indexFormat option doesn't replace any existing tags in the item. For example, the option
WorkByTitle.indexFormat={$title$tonality$opusnumber$subtitle}
would add a WorkByTitle tag if it doesn't exist in this item. No tag would be added if the item already has a WorkByTitle tag. This limitation doesn't apply to the Artist tag.

Above extracted from the Index tag formatting section of the user guide.

Try adding an index entry, that is not an existing tag, and refer to it in an indexFormat entry.

Hi Alan,

yes, I am trying to work from the user guide, but I keep getting syntax errors. I have just tried what I think you are suggesting but still no luck. i.e. in the tagFormat I now have :
FormatDetails.indexFormat={$#audioformat$#audiodata}

So where I am going wrong?
thanks, Karen.
20-05-2020, 19:22
(20-05-2020 18:04)Karen Wrote:  FormatDetails.indexFormat={$#audioformat$#audiodata}

So where I am going wrong?
thanks, Karen.

I'm presuming that FormatDetails is your 'new' tag, in which case you also need to add it to the indexTags property.

#audioformat and #audiodata must also appear either in the indexTags property or the itemTags property.
20-05-2020, 21:14
All tags that you use in property settings must be listed in either indexTags (if you want the tag in the index) or itemTags (if you don't).
21-05-2020, 14:49
ok chaps - I'm there. Have a working Index now called Audio_Quality with combined audio format and data so very pleased.

Sorry for slow to get there-ness. Just getting my head around all the definitions, functionality and how to apply it all. Will carry on through the user guides.

I also ran a "writetagfile" so have a look at what this gives - a full directory! But interested Simon if the file could include the four "special" (audio) tags?

bye for now, Karen.
21-05-2020, 21:28 (This post was last modified: 21-05-2020 21:35 by simoncn.)
Thanks for this suggestion about the special tags. There is no particular reason why these are not included and I will add them in a future update.

The list of all tags can be quite surprising. I had originally intended that MinimServer would automatically read all tags from all files but when I saw this list from my library I added the indexTags and itemTags properties to filter what tags MinimServer would read.

I really appreciate your questions as these help me to understand what is difficult for a new user to understand. Please keep them coming!

In case you don't realise this, it isn't necessary to have an underscore in Audio_Quality. MinimServer is fine with tag names that contain spaces, so this could be named Audio Quality if you prefer.