Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joining the forum...and +1 for simple way to configure v2
17-05-2020, 16:14
Joining the forum...and +1 for simple way to configure v2
Hi,

I've been using MinimServer for years (since I got my Linn DSM) and did donate a while ago... Good to see you charging for the licence to make MinimServer sustainable and I've just purchased a licence.

I'm not expecting a reply from the developer, but a couple of observations from a user. I'm a former engineer and pretty experienced user but I found navigating your pages challenging...
And, it took me 10 mins to find the correct page with the second word in the first sentence to join the forum-you have a lot of pages!! I understand you need to stop bots, but there must be a better captcha you can use that protects the forum and doesn't make it so challenging for your customers!

I saw the thread on the configuration of the app, and I understand the importance of getting the app running on the hardware is the priority. However, a +1 for me to make a simple 'how-to' so that I can amend what can be indexed/tagged in my library would be hugely appreciated!

keep up the great work,

Joe
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
17-05-2020, 17:05 (This post was last modified: 17-05-2020 17:14 by simoncn.)
RE: Joining the forum...and +1 for simple way to configure v2
Thanks for the feedback. I have tried many captcha and security schemes to prevent bots from spamming the forum and the present approach has been by far the most effective. I have edited the question in an attempt to make it clearer.

MinimServer 2 has a series of Quick Start guides with the basics of getting MinimServer up and running on various platforms. In the future I intend to extend this to other common tasks. The information is all in the User guide but I understand that it can be hard for a new user to find what they need.
18-05-2020, 00:16
(17-05-2020 17:05)simoncn Wrote:  Thanks for the feedback. I have tried many captcha and security schemes to prevent bots from spamming the forum and the present approach has been by far the most effective. I have edited the question in an attempt to make it clearer.

Cheers!

(17-05-2020 17:05)simoncn Wrote:  MinimServer 2 has a series of Quick Start guides with the basics of getting MinimServer up and running on various platforms. In the future I intend to extend this to other common tasks. The information is all in the User guide but I understand that it can be hard for a new user to find what they need.

Thanks for this, I'll keep hunting! To anyone else on the forum, do you have any examples of changes to the MinimServer 2 profiles from the standard?

thanks,

Joe
18-05-2020, 11:47
(18-05-2020 00:16)joe.lafferty Wrote:  To anyone else on the forum, do you have any examples of changes to the MinimServer 2 profiles from the standard?

thanks,

Joe

Would this thread be of use?
18-05-2020, 12:13
To get you started, the tags from your library that MinimServer uses for its index are controlled by the indexTags property. To edit this property, you need to have MinimWatch installed on a computer (Windows, Mac or Linux) on your local network.