Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MinimServer 2 on Synology: Format Error
09-04-2020, 09:32 (This post was last modified: 09-04-2020 09:51 by bbrip.)
MinimServer 2 on Synology: Format Error
I am getting this message after installing Minimserver 2 on my Synology.

"Format Error on default.profile (line 2)". The same error also shows up when trying to activate my license.

NB: I was using the property that has now been renamed to "UPNPCustom" to format some stuff for proper display in LUMIN App. Could this be related? The old property has now been wiped out in the properties, but I took a screenprint.

When trying to enter this line. it says its only avail with full license. When trying to enter the license, I get above error. Catch 22

See screenprinte. Any idea?

NBB: The property I mentioned above was called "TagCustom" in MinimServer 0.8, the new Property in MinimServer 2.0 is "UPNPCustom". Assuming they serve the same purpose.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-04-2020, 10:05 (This post was last modified: 09-04-2020 10:45 by bbrip.)
RE: MinimServer 2 on Synology: Format Error
I just downloaded the "default.profile" file, and Line 2 is the "alphaGroup" property, which is empty in my setup. And as far as I can remember always was empty....

UPDATE:
I entered "albums" into alphaGroups just to see whether this fixes the issue. It does. MinimServer 2.0 Just doesnt seem to like that property being empty anymore.

It is doing a full scan now, so all should be good.
09-04-2020, 11:09 (This post was last modified: 09-04-2020 11:12 by simoncn.)
Am I correct in thinking that your old minimserver.config contained this:

alphaGroup =

If so, I will investigate why this wasn't accepted by MinimServer 2.

What was your previous setting for tagCustom? The upgrade to MinimServer 2 should have automatically created an equivalent upnpCustom property.
09-04-2020, 11:16 (This post was last modified: 09-04-2020 11:19 by bbrip.)
Yes, "alphaGroup=" is they way it was, ie empty.

my tagCustom was:
all.display.multiTag, Composer.displayRole={artist}, Soloist.displayRole={artist}, Organ.displayRole={artist}, Ensemble.displayRole={artist}, Chorus.displayRole={artist}, Orchestra.displayRole={artist}, Conductor.displayRole={artist},

MinimServer 2.0 has translated this by default into:
upnpCustom = roleTags={Composer,Soloist,Chorus,Ensemble,Orchestra,Conductor,Organ}, multiTag={Composer,Work,Genre,Soloist,Chorus,Ensemble,Orchestra,Conductor,Organ,​Organization,CompSort,Movement,Artist,AlbumArtist}

This seems to work as far as I can see in LUMIN. I'll tidy this up a bit as I don't need the multiTag property for all those tags listed.

Burkhard
09-04-2020, 11:42 (This post was last modified: 09-04-2020 19:35 by simoncn.)
You can edit the default.profile file to remove the alphaGroup line. I will add this to the migration process for existing config files with empty values.

The upnpCustom migration seems to have worked correctly. There is no "all" setting for multiTag now.

I changed tagCustom to upnpCustom because tagCustom was hard for people to understand and almost no-one (apart from LUMIN users) needed it. Also, the strange default value for tagCustom was a source of confusion. Now the default value is empty, which "does the right thing" for most users.
09-04-2020, 13:39
Yes, everything appears to work as expected now. I like the Profiles. I set one called "Lumin" and one called "Kazoo" with slightly differing values so they work best for the respective control point, in case I choose to switch.

That new "Linn" control point is a non-starter as it only workas with Linn proprietary server.

Many thanks!
09-04-2020, 13:51
I have a similar situation:

tagCustom was: Composer.displayRole={artist}, AlbumArtist.displayRole={artist}

and there is a no entry under upnpCustom in MinimServer 2

I can't remember but was this tagCustom the default?

System: ALAC iTunes library on Synology DS412+ (running MinimServer) > Airport Extreme bridge > Optical isolation > dCS Network Bridge (controlled by Galaxy Tab S2 tablet running BubbleUPnP&Mosaic) > PS Audio DirectStream DAC > Primare A60 > Harbeth SHL5plus 40th Anniversary model
09-04-2020, 13:54
(09-04-2020 13:39)bbrip Wrote:  Yes, everything appears to work as expected now. I like the Profiles. I set one called "Lumin" and one called "Kazoo" with slightly differing values so they work best for the respective control point, in case I choose to switch.

That new "Linn" control point is a non-starter as it only really works with Linn‘s proprietary server.

Many thanks!
09-04-2020, 14:01
(09-04-2020 13:51)DavidL Wrote:  I have a similar situation:

tagCustom was: Composer.displayRole={artist}, AlbumArtist.displayRole={artist}

and there is a no entry under upnpCustom in MinimServer 2

I can't remember but was this tagCustom the default?

Yes, this is exactly the reason for the change. The default should not be some arcane string that no-one can understand or remember.
09-04-2020, 16:04
Thanks Simon

System: ALAC iTunes library on Synology DS412+ (running MinimServer) > Airport Extreme bridge > Optical isolation > dCS Network Bridge (controlled by Galaxy Tab S2 tablet running BubbleUPnP&Mosaic) > PS Audio DirectStream DAC > Primare A60 > Harbeth SHL5plus 40th Anniversary model