Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with vTuner Please for a Newbie/Dummy
29-03-2020, 11:33
Help with vTuner Please for a Newbie/Dummy
I'm trying to get the BBC HLS streams to play on my Pioneer N-50A which users Pioneers version of vtuner. I've followed the userguides to set everything up and various ways of configuring the entries both in vtuner and the m3u file to get the Pioneer to access the streams but everytime I try to access them the Pioneer says 'Track not found'. I suspect this might be either a transcoding or url issue. Can somebody help please.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
29-03-2020, 12:05
RE: Help with vTuner Please for a Newbie/Dummy
If you are using MinimServer and MinimStreamer to play these streams, you don't need to use vTuner. You should be able to to play the streams using the same control point app that you use to play audio files. See this page for details of how to set this up.
29-03-2020, 13:25
(29-03-2020 12:05)simoncn Wrote:  If you are using MinimServer and MinimStreamer to play these streams, you don't need to use vTuner. You should be able to to play the streams using the same control point app that you use to play audio files. See this page for details of how to set this up.

That's what I thought at one stage, that it would appear somewhere under the Minimserver entry on the 'Music Server' source, but it's not there.
29-03-2020, 14:35
(29-03-2020 13:25)stevejclarke Wrote:  
(29-03-2020 12:05)simoncn Wrote:  If you are using MinimServer and MinimStreamer to play these streams, you don't need to use vTuner. You should be able to to play the streams using the same control point app that you use to play audio files. See this page for details of how to set this up.

That's what I thought at one stage, that it would appear somewhere under the Minimserver entry on the 'Music Server' source, but it's not there.

Maybe it’s not the case but are you aware that bbc hls seems to be not attainable outside UK?
29-03-2020, 14:42 (This post was last modified: 29-03-2020 14:46 by simoncn.)
(29-03-2020 14:35)stefano_mbp Wrote:  Maybe it’s not the case but are you aware that bbc hls seems to be not attainable outside UK?

They are available but using different URLs and at a lower resolution than for UK users.
29-03-2020, 14:46
(29-03-2020 13:25)stevejclarke Wrote:  That's what I thought at one stage, that it would appear somewhere under the Minimserver entry on the 'Music Server' source, but it's not there.

Are you able to play local files using MinimServer under the 'Music Server' source? If so, something has gone wrong with your setup for BBC streams.

In the page that I referenced (here), which is the first numbered step that is not working as it should?
29-03-2020, 15:25
(29-03-2020 13:25)stevejclarke Wrote:  

I realise I could use something like Foobar to 'Push' the streams to the Pioneer but I'd need to be running my pc. I was hoping to 'Pull' the streams from MinimServer/MinimStreamer which are installed on my Synology NAS.
29-03-2020, 15:31
Yes, this "pull" approach should work. Have you tried to follow the steps in the page that I referenced?
29-03-2020, 15:36
(29-03-2020 14:46)simoncn Wrote:  
(29-03-2020 13:25)stevejclarke Wrote:  That's what I thought at one stage, that it would appear somewhere under the Minimserver entry on the 'Music Server' source, but it's not there.

Are you able to play local files using MinimServer under the 'Music Server' source? If so, something has gone wrong with your setup for BBC streams.

In the page that I referenced (here), which is the first numbered step that is not working as it should?

Yes, I'm able to play all the files on my NAS via Minimserver under the 'Music Server' source.

I seem to have got something wrong at step 8, as when I try the play the streams via Foobar I get a series of messages similar to:

Unable to open item for playback (Unsupported file format):
"http://a.files.bbci.co.uk/media/live/manifesto/audio/simulcast/hls/uk/sbr_high/ak/bbc_radio_one.m3u8"
29-03-2020, 17:39
You would get this message if you have not installed MinimStreamer or if you have not relaunched MinimServer after installing MinimStreamer (step 7).