Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Bug] cover/artwork
05-03-2020, 22:15
[Bug] cover/artwork
Hi!

Long time no seen, and i will take the opportunity to again thanks for an amazing software! It have work flawless in over a year until some weeks ago when i notice a bug Smile

When the artwork that are in the "FLAC/Mp3" i would think the same happens if you have it in the folder as well are to big the upnp player freeze, in my case it still plays as normal but the screen freeze.

And i don't now if it is an problem of the upnp player or the software used whit it, in this case "MinmServer" but i i think it was worth to tell about it anyways.

The same issue is reported to "Cambridge Audio" as well as i use an "851n network player" as streamer

The "cover/artwork" that is used can be found here
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-03-2020, 22:23
RE: [Bug] cover/artwork
MinimServer can serve artwork of any size. This is a limitation of the player.
05-03-2020, 22:27 (This post was last modified: 08-03-2020 23:03 by Whiskey.)
Yah sure, i just think it would be smart if the software could have built-in compress function if it's need to be used, or maybe turn it on when a cover is over a specific size or something.
05-03-2020, 22:41
(05-03-2020 22:27)Whiskey Wrote:  
(05-03-2020 22:23)simoncn Wrote:  MinimServer can serve artwork of any size. This is a limitation of the player.

Yah sure, i just think it would be smart if the software could have built-in compress function if it's need to be used, or maybe turn it on when a cover is over a specific size or something.
I think the software in your player should warn you if the artwork-file is to big.
On the other hand 7.2Mb is huge and makes no sense at all.
05-03-2020, 22:57 (This post was last modified: 08-03-2020 23:03 by Whiskey.)
Maybe but uncompressed artworks can be big, but it's still some easy way to come around this problem.
05-03-2020, 23:43
Automatic compression by the server is not straightforward because there is no standard way for the server to know what size the control point or player can handle.
05-03-2020, 23:48 (This post was last modified: 08-03-2020 23:03 by Whiskey.)
That's why I suggested that the parameters should be set after your needs, really don't see the problem whit that.

Hopefully the users that will use the functionality already figure out what the player can handle and not handle.

In my case i am not sure, i just know that it can handle artwork over 5MiB but not over 7MiB but I have never try where exactly it breaks.
06-03-2020, 09:46
I don't think it is just a matter of the image file size. Other factors such as the number of pixels are probably also relevant.

Why not just reduce the size of your pictures so that your player can handle them?
06-03-2020, 18:39 (This post was last modified: 08-03-2020 23:03 by Whiskey.)
I like to keep the original quality of the image, and the fact is that you should never reduce an image size if you don't need to.
07-03-2020, 01:03
(06-03-2020 18:39)Whiskey Wrote:  
(06-03-2020 09:46)simoncn Wrote:  I don't think it is just a matter of the image file size. Other factors such as the number of pixels are probably also relevant.

Why not just reduce the size of your pictures so that your player can handle them?

I like to keep the original quality of the image, and the fact is that you should never reduce an image size if you don't need to.

Why? Do you use some special equipment that needs this high resolution artwork? Most of the time both player and controlpoint show a poststamp size picture, so why bother?