Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New to Minim
31-05-2013, 15:25
New to Minim
Hi Simon,

being new to Minim (coming from Twonky) I am really impressed: Very nice Server software! I like the approach for my classical music collection (5k albums).

I have two issues, which confuse me:

1. When selecting an album via Genre/ Classical/ Artists it displays later with correct title and album name in Chorus or Kinsky, BUT the artists displayed is actually the composer while the composer entry is empty. How to fix this?
2. In the MinimWatch properties one can select the index tags. Could I also add the sample rate and it if yes, which is the correct tag name for this?

Cheers, SMSWAP
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
31-05-2013, 15:40
RE: New to Minim
(31-05-2013 15:25)SMSWAP Wrote:  Hi Simon,

being new to Minim (coming from Twonky) I am really impressed: Very nice Server software! I like the approach for my classical music collection (5k albums).

I have two issues, which confuse me:

1. When selecting an album via Genre/ Classical/ Artists it displays later with correct title and album name in Chorus or Kinsky, BUT the artists displayed is actually the composer while the composer entry is empty. How to fix this?

This should work correctly with Kinsky and Chorus. For Kinsky, you need to set

Composer.displayRole={artist}

in the tagCustom property, and for Chorus you need to set

Composer.displayRole={author}

See this section for more information.

Quote:2. In the MinimWatch properties one can select the index tags. Could I also add the sample rate and it if yes, which is the correct tag name for this?

Cheers, SMSWAP

You can add various types of audio information. See this section for details of the available options.

It's worth spending a bit of time reading the online User guide. It contains a lot of useful information for getting the best from using MinimServer.
31-05-2013, 15:59
Thanks Simon! That was an easy one!
31-05-2013, 16:11
One more: How to add an alphabetical index to the composer list (genre/classical/composer) such as under genre/classical/AllArtist)?

Cheers, SMSWAP
31-05-2013, 16:20
(31-05-2013 16:11)SMSWAP Wrote:  One more: How to add an alphabetical index to the composer list (genre/classical/composer) such as under genre/classical/AllArtist)?

Cheers, SMSWAP

Please read the User guide.