Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help please with connection from minimserver
15-04-2019, 10:24
Help please with connection from minimserver
I am setting up minimwatch on linux laptop and the firewall (firewalld) is preventing communication from minimserver. If I stop the firewall all is well so I need to know what protocols and ports I must open. I must be specific as security zone is otherwise public.
I am sure I have asked before but cannot find previous message. Further advice would be appreciated.
Many thanks, Budge.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
15-04-2019, 11:48
RE: Help please with connection from minimserver
The UPnP protocol requires dynamically allocated TCP ports to be opened by the machine running MinimWatch and receive inbound messages, so it is not possible to make this work by opening specific port numbers.
29-04-2019, 08:34
RE: Help please with connection from minimserver
(15-04-2019 11:48)simoncn Wrote:  The UPnP protocol requires dynamically allocated TCP ports to be opened by the machine running MinimWatch and receive inbound messages, so it is not possible to make this work by opening specific port numbers.
I am using firewalld on openSuSE 15 and low on learning curve but have found that there is a preset service for upnp-client available and when started this does the trick. For anybody who has found similar problem.