Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Browsing your library
01-03-2019, 00:37 (This post was last modified: 01-03-2019 10:17 by Whiskey.)
Browsing your library
What can i say?

I have try a lot of applications to serve as dlna servers, Plex, Kodi, and a lot of other software i don´t know the name of everyone of them mess up something or another thing and my only problem has been the "last.fm scrobble" that i really care about and have to be done from the phone!

The "Plex" as you can pay for mess up your cover "i have a network player" whit an "lcd screen" that can show the cover so i like to see it even if it don´t really matter.

Another thing "Plex" not do well is to load every track i have its around "2,000" so it not that much but it can´t handle it maybe it some setting i don´t know maybe same whit the cover but it mess it up by default and the tracks only count to "30" as it load them in on demand while other like this as the list already!

Kodi works perfect in many cases but something it mess up is the metadata when you play from playlists and then the "scrobble" won´t work and is just the way the "API" for "Kodi" is right now it is works around for this but not any good one what i understand!

After a lot of search and try of different softwares around 10 or so i got a tip of this software and just installed it and been told it has a very easy interface, and that's for sure! But you know what? It does what it intend to and it does "almost" everything right!

And don´t talk about the playlist you can create on it, i have never ever thanked it was that easy to make it! And yes i still use "Winamp" and have done so for the last 15 years i just open it edit the list add the track i needs save the m3u in playlist folder in my root folder and everything just works what more can you ask for? I am speechless!

Have an application that beat both the hell out of "Kodi" and "Plex" is not a small achievement!

Quote:So first of all i will take opportunity to say thanks for the awesome work!

Quote:So to my question, in my application on the phone i can see the fallowing information

"1398 ALBUMS | 2026 ITEMS | 2 PLAYLISTS | ARTIST | DATE | GENRE | [FOLDER VIEW] | LOCAL PLAYLISTS"

Quote:Is it possible the change the way this is show up? As i would like to have it like this?

"Albums (1398) | Tracks (2026) | Playlists (2) | Artist | Year | Genre | [Folder view] | Local playlists"

So know we have only make the first letter in "upper case" and the other ones in "lower case" as it will automatic be more easy to read that way. I have also change the place on the "numbers of entries" to after instead of before as it also make it more easy to read as well as the "round brackets" makes it a lot more easy to read.

Quote:Next step is to customize it even more, as i have seen when i switch between the server/local device i use on the phone to read the information from that the output change in the list. So it has to be made from the "MinimServer" itself, the way i would like to change it know is the numbers you see everywhere as stats is always nice in my opinion so why not make it optional to all of the entries or the one you like to have it on?

"Albums (1398) | Tracks (2026) | Playlists (2) | Artist (x) | Year (x) | Genre (x) | [Folder view] | Local playlists (x))

Quote:The step after that would be to customize the name for every entry so we can set it like we want to be or maybe automatic? If "Artist" only has one entry it shows "Artist" but if it has "2" or more it automatic show "Artists"

"Albums (1398) | Tracks (2026) | Playlists (2) | Artist (1) | Years (5) | Genres (20) | [Folder view] | Local playlists (2)"

Quote:Change name on the "Folder view" would be nice to "Folder view" as it would fit in more and don´t care about the "|" i just have them here to make it more easy to read and show that it separated.

"Albums (1398) | Tracks (2026) | Playlists (2) | Artist (x) | Year (x) | Genre (x) | Folder view (1) | Local playlists (x)"

Or

"Albums (1398) | Tracks (2026) | Playlists (2) | Artist (x) | Year (x) | Genre (x) | Folder views (5) | Local playlists (x)"

Quote:And last but not least make it more easy to read the numbers that would be something like this

"Albums (11,398) | Tracks (2,026) | Playlist (1) | Artists (100) | Years (20) | Genres (20) | Folder view (1) | Local playlists (2)"

I have try to provide as much information as i can in this post, maybe to much but its better to be more clear the to unclear i think and i also know that its a lot of way to customize stuff once you inside the actually view when you in some "upnp" player so why not ask?

Maybe it already possible, maybe it easy to add the features what do i know?

\ Whiskey
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-03-2019, 12:21
RE: Browsing your library
Welcome to the MinimServer forum!

MinimServer is sending the following to your phone app:

1398 albums | 2026 items | 2 playlists | Artist | Date | Genre | [folder view]

The changes to upper case in the above are being done by your phone app and the addition of LOCAL PLAYLISTS is also being done by your phone app. There is nothing MinimServer can do about these changes.

You can change Date to Year by changing Date in the indexTags property to Date:Year. If you want to change Artist to Artists, you can use Artist:Artists in indexTags, and so on.

The other changes you have described are not possible at present.
01-03-2019, 19:35 (This post was last modified: 01-03-2019 19:36 by Whiskey.)
Thanks!

Quote:And thanks for the answer but i have hard to agree whit you, if i use the local files that are in the phone i always have my library synced whit my computer it look a bit different.

"ALBUMS | ALL MUSIC | GENRES | ARTISTS | PLAYLISTS | LOCAL PLAYLISTS | FLODERS | COMPOSERS | RECENTYLY ADDED | YEARS | PODCASTS"

Quote:And as you can see it a bit diffrent from what your application is producing in the view for the application i use in my phone (Android | Hi-Fi-Cast) how is that possible?

I mean should not at lest the numbers of entities not be there as its not on the local view? Or have i just miss how everything works out?

"1398 ALBUMS | 2026 ITEMS | 2 PLAYLISTS | ARTIST | DATE | GENRE | [FOLDER VIEW] | LOCAL PLAYLISTS"

\ Whiskey
01-03-2019, 20:00
The differences are caused by your phone app. Which app is this?

The phone app is using the browsing selections from MinimServer with some changes as I described in my previous post. When the phone app accesses local data, it creates its own browsing selections.
01-03-2019, 20:20
(01-03-2019 19:35)Whiskey Wrote:  
Quote:"1398 ALBUMS | 2026 ITEMS | 2 PLAYLISTS | ARTIST | DATE | GENRE | [FOLDER VIEW] | LOCAL PLAYLISTS"

The above view appears to be the tab view that is unique to the Hi FI Cast app.

You can hide these tabs using the following process:

Settings -> Music Library -> Tabs -> select ‘Hide Tabs’

Hi FI Cast then displays the list values supplied by Minimserver similar to other control points.
02-03-2019, 21:12 (This post was last modified: 02-03-2019 21:14 by Whiskey.)
(01-03-2019 20:00)simoncn Wrote:  The differences are caused by your phone app. Which app is this?

The phone app is using the browsing selections from MinimServer with some changes as I described in my previous post. When the phone app accesses local data, it creates its own browsing selections.

I still don´t get it, if the application it self makes the look of it how come that the one from your server show the counts of albums and tracks in the view but not the (local data) whit other words the music that actually is in the phone i still don´t see that it make sense that it different if it would create both.

(01-03-2019 20:20)Alandbush Wrote:  The above view appears to be the tab view that is unique to the Hi FI Cast app.

You can hide these tabs using the following process:

Settings -> Music Library -> Tabs -> select ‘Hide Tabs’

Hi FI Cast then displays the list values supplied by Minimserver similar to other control points.

Think you got me wrong here is the text it shows that i will try to change, not hide or remove any of the tabs...

\ Whiskey
03-03-2019, 08:58
(02-03-2019 21:12)Whiskey Wrote:  
(01-03-2019 20:00)simoncn Wrote:  The differences are caused by your phone app. Which app is this?

I still don´t get it, if the application it self makes the look of it how come that the one from your server show the counts of albums and tracks in the view but not the (local data) whit other words the music that actually is in the phone i still don´t see that it make sense that it different if it would create both.

Simon has answered the question. Minimserver sends it's browsing selections for the remote music to the app in one way. The app creates its own selections for music it finds locally.
03-03-2019, 21:26 (This post was last modified: 04-03-2019 01:26 by Whiskey.)
Well as i always knew it was something that not was right and it seems that i was right, but maybe i did ask to many questions in the same time so we start whit the two first ones..

[Image: Y2wmaI7.png]

As you can see from the image where it is MinimServer and not my phone application that actully creates the "[folder view]" and "<n> playlists | <n> albums | <n> items".

That leads to the question i already asked how about the possibility to change name on "[folder view]" to any thing your like to chose like the "Date:Year"?

And change side on the count of the entries in "playlists | albums | items" to "playlists <n> | albums <n> | items <n>" and finally have the <n> count "1,398 | 29,036" and so on as it more easy to read and have brackets around it.

The end result would be something like "playlists (2) | albums (2,005) | items (20,036)"

Most easy way to do this in config would be something like "Album:Albums (<n>)" as this also would let you add "<n>" to any section you like that not has it like "Genres" or "Artists"

\ Whiskey
03-03-2019, 22:20
There is an important difference between

2 playlists
1398 albums
2026 items

and

Artists
Genres
Year

The former are "flat lists" with no further browsing choices. The latter are indexed containers that can provide further browsing choices depending on the tags in the current selection.

The different format (with initial numbers) for the "flat list" choices is intentional and provides a visual indicator that these choices are different from the indexed containers.

Adding new options to control the formatting and positioning of the numbers that are shown for the "flat list" choices would add complexity and I am not convinced that the added functionality would justify the added complexity.
03-03-2019, 23:57 (This post was last modified: 12-04-2019 08:22 by Whiskey.)
(03-03-2019 22:20)simoncn Wrote:  There is an important difference between

2 playlists
1398 albums
2026 items

and

Artists
Genres
Year

The former are "flat lists" with no further browsing choices. The latter are indexed containers that can provide further browsing choices depending on the tags in the current selection.

The different format (with initial numbers) for the "flat list" choices is intentional and provides a visual indicator that these choices are different from the indexed containers.

Adding new options to control the formatting and positioning of the numbers that are shown for the "flat list" choices would add complexity and I am not convinced that the added functionality would justify the added complexity.

Maybe not, at least you got my point and the actually question but you can think about it..

I think it would be a really neat feature!

\ Whiskey