Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
minimserver on Fedora : no automatic start after reboot
14-01-2018, 17:33 (This post was last modified: 14-01-2018 17:37 by simoncn.)
RE: minimserver on Fedora : no automatic start after reboot
OK, this is because you are installing in /opt. You could make /opt writable by regular users (perhaps just while you are doing this tar xf command). Alternatively, you could create a subdirectory of /opt that is writable by regular users and install MinimServer in this subdirectory.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
14-01-2018, 17:46
(14-01-2018 17:33)simoncn Wrote:  OK, this is because you are installing in /opt. You could make /opt writable by regular users (perhaps just while you are doing this tar xf command). Alternatively, you could create a subdirectory of /opt that is writable by regular users and install MinimServer in this subdirectory.
You are right. Giving full rights in /opt helped. I have been able to install as regular user.
But even with that and a reboot, minimserver does not start automatically but i need to go through "minimerser/bin/startd" and i selected autostart during minimserver/bin/setup

Best regards
14-01-2018, 20:36
Thanks for trying this. There must be something about how Fedora handles automatic startup that isn't compatible with MinimServer. I will put this on my list of things to investigate when I get a chance.

Thanks also for letting me know about the "null byte" problem with bash 4.4.
14-01-2018, 20:44
Hello Simon,

Thanks a lot for the follow up. As soon as minimserver would be updated I will test the bash4.4 update.

BR
16-01-2018, 18:16
I have uploaded a test version of the updated minimserver/bin/startd file to this link. Please rename this file from startd.bin to startd and copy it to the minimserver/bin directory with the correct permissions (755). This should fix the bash 4.4 problem.
20-01-2018, 12:12 (This post was last modified: 20-01-2018 12:13 by Patatorz.)
Hello Simon, just tested and approved :-)

Just need to find solution for autostart :-)
04-02-2018, 21:59
The problem is caused by SELinux being set to "enforcing" mode by default on Fedora 27. This imposes some permissions restrictions that go beyond normal Linux rules and are incompatible with MinimServer automatic startup.

The only solution I have found is to configure SELinux as "permissive" instead of "enforcing". For details of how to do this, see this article.
05-02-2018, 04:17
Thanks for the follow up. I will have a look.
BR