Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MinimServer stopped working on QNAP
11-12-2017, 21:02
MinimServer stopped working on QNAP
Just updated Minimserver on my QNAP and now it wont run. MinimWatch log is showing the following message...

[MinimServer] is running
Error 1 [Unknown] invoking GetAllPackageStatus on remote runtime monitor
Error 1 [Unknown] invoking GetProperty on remote runtime monitor
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-12-2017, 22:00
RE: MinimServer stopped working on QNAP
I have the same problem.
MinimServer did auto update to 112 this morning and since then am unable to access. I have tried via Linn Kazoo on iPad as well as MinimWatch on iMac and Win10 pc.
I have re-installed MinimServer on the QNAP NAS I use for my music files with no difference. I have switched NAS off/on with no difference. The only indication I get is the error message in MinimWatch:
11-12-2017, 23:33
Have you checked the minimserver.log file in the Public shared folder of the QNAP NAS? Does this contain any error messages?

Which model of QNAP NAS do you have?
11-12-2017, 23:33
Simon I have multiple instances of minimserver running (as per previous posts) on different QNAPs. I have updated to 112 on all of them but one seems to start and then disappear. The others seem OK. When I have restarted it on the QNAP and then try to access properties or its log it seems to crash as it disappears from minimwatch. In the Minimwatch log it says this

But I don't seem to have the same issue on the other servers that ostensibly are identical in nature and content.
11-12-2017, 23:38
Have you checked the minimserver.log file in the Public shared folder of the failing NAS?

What is the model number of the failing NAS and what are the model numbers of the working NASs?
12-12-2017, 00:22
(11-12-2017 23:38)simoncn Wrote:  Have you checked the minimserver.log file in the Public shared folder of the failing NAS?

What is the model number of the failing NAS and what are the model numbers of the working NASs?

My QNAP also failed after updating ,it is a TS 119 P2.

Peter.
12-12-2017, 01:51
(11-12-2017 23:38)simoncn Wrote:  Have you checked the minimserver.log file in the Public shared folder of the failing NAS?

Simon

This is the log that reflects the crash. The errors have been there a while and I hadn't got around to taking out the 2 offending playlists yet. But they aren't new and so not sure they would be the issue would they? I have deleted the playlist called Elaine and now it appears to be OK. Not sure why though. The same playlist existed on the other servers too but as a precaution I have just deleted it from all of the servers.

I have a Melco and the other NAS are TS421s all bought at the same time and in theory with the same data. I actually only use Minimserver in anger on the Melco but have it running on the QNAPs 'just in case' which is probably a bit daft but ......

Log entries.

MinimServer 0.8.4.5 update 112, Copyright © 2012-2017 Simon Nash. All rights reserved.
Java™ SE Embedded Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_65-b17)
Java HotSpot™ Embedded Client VM (build 25.65-b01, mixed mode)
Java runtime options: -Duser.timezone=Europe/London
Platform default charset is UTF-8
Language setting is 'auto'
Current time is Mon Dec 11 23:30:03 GMT 2017 in time zone Europe/London
starting MinimServer[HAYESTS421]
Error: playlist BBC Radio/Radio.m3u: MinimStreamer is required for stream ID 'R1'
Error: playlist BBC Radio/Radio.m3u: MinimStreamer is required for stream ID 'R1X'
Error: playlist BBC Radio/Radio.m3u: MinimStreamer is required for stream ID 'R2'
Error: playlist BBC Radio/Radio.m3u: MinimStreamer is required for stream ID 'R3'
Error: playlist BBC Radio/Radio.m3u: MinimStreamer is required for stream ID 'R3DASH'
Error: playlist BBC Radio/Radio.m3u: MinimStreamer is required for stream ID 'R4'
Error: playlist BBC Radio/Radio.m3u: MinimStreamer is required for stream ID 'R4X'
Error: playlist BBC Radio/Radio.m3u: MinimStreamer is required for stream ID 'R4L'
Error: playlist BBC Radio/Radio.m3u: MinimStreamer is required for stream ID 'R5'
Error: playlist BBC Radio/Radio.m3u: MinimStreamer is required for stream ID 'R5X'
Error: playlist BBC Radio/Radio.m3u: MinimStreamer is required for stream ID 'R6'
Error: playlist BBC Radio/Radio.m3u: MinimStreamer is required for stream ID 'AN'
Error: playlist BBC Radio/Radio.m3u: MinimStreamer is required for stream ID 'WS'
Error: playlist Elaine.m3u: no matching file for Phil Collins/Face Value - 24/._01 In The Air Tonight.flac
Error: playlist Elaine.m3u: no matching file for Phil Collins/Face Value - 24/._02 This Must Be Love.flac
Error: playlist Elaine.m3u: no matching file for Phil Collins/Face Value - 24/._03 Behind The Lines.flac
Error: playlist Elaine.m3u: no matching file for Phil Collins/Face Value - 24/._04 The Roof Is Leaking.flac
Error: playlist Elaine.m3u: no matching file for Phil Collins/Face Value - 24/._05 Droned.flac
Error: playlist Elaine.m3u: no matching file for Phil Collins/Face Value - 24/._06 Hand In Hand.flac
Error: playlist Elaine.m3u: no matching file for Phil Collins/Face Value - 24/._07 I Missed Again.flac
Error: playlist Elaine.m3u: no matching file for Phil Collins/Face Value - 24/._08 You Know What I Mean.flac
Error: playlist Elaine.m3u: no matching file for Phil Collins/Face Value - 24/._09 Thunder And Lightning.flac
Error: playlist Elaine.m3u: no matching file for Phil Collins/Face Value - 24/._10 I'm Not Moving.flac
Error: playlist Elaine.m3u: no matching file for Phil Collins/Face Value - 24/._11 If Leaving Me Is Easy.flac
Error: playlist Elaine.m3u: no matching file for Phil Collins/Face Value - 24/._12 Tomorrow Never Knows.flac
MinimServer[HAYESTS421] is running

PLUS this is the log after deleting the Elaine playlist altogether

stopping MinimServer[HAYESTS421]
MinimServer[HAYESTS421] is stopped
Language setting is 'auto'
Current time is Tue Dec 12 01:44:59 GMT 2017 in time zone Europe/London
starting MinimServer[HAYESTS421]
Error: playlist BBC Radio/Radio.m3u: MinimStreamer is required for stream ID 'R1'
Error: playlist BBC Radio/Radio.m3u: MinimStreamer is required for stream ID 'R1X'
Error: playlist BBC Radio/Radio.m3u: MinimStreamer is required for stream ID 'R2'
Error: playlist BBC Radio/Radio.m3u: MinimStreamer is required for stream ID 'R3'
Error: playlist BBC Radio/Radio.m3u: MinimStreamer is required for stream ID 'R3DASH'
Error: playlist BBC Radio/Radio.m3u: MinimStreamer is required for stream ID 'R4'
Error: playlist BBC Radio/Radio.m3u: MinimStreamer is required for stream ID 'R4X'
Error: playlist BBC Radio/Radio.m3u: MinimStreamer is required for stream ID 'R4L'
Error: playlist BBC Radio/Radio.m3u: MinimStreamer is required for stream ID 'R5'
Error: playlist BBC Radio/Radio.m3u: MinimStreamer is required for stream ID 'R5X'
Error: playlist BBC Radio/Radio.m3u: MinimStreamer is required for stream ID 'R6'
Error: playlist BBC Radio/Radio.m3u: MinimStreamer is required for stream ID 'AN'
Error: playlist BBC Radio/Radio.m3u: MinimStreamer is required for stream ID 'WS'
MinimServer[HAYESTS421] is running
12-12-2017, 06:44
(12-12-2017 01:51)Martin H Wrote:  This is the log that reflects the crash. The errors have been there a while and I hadn't got around to taking out the 2 offending playlists yet. But they aren't new and so not sure they would be the issue would they? I have deleted the playlist called Elaine and now it appears to be OK. Not sure why though. The same playlist existed on the other servers too but as a precaution I have just deleted it from all of the servers.

Thanks for posting these logs. There are no errors in either of the logs that would cause any problem with MinimWatch and there isn't any sign of a crash. There is no reason why deleting the playlist called Elaine would make any difference. I think something else is causing the problem, possibly an issue with the new version of ohNet that is part of updates 111 and 112.
12-12-2017, 06:47
(12-12-2017 00:22)Peter StreamMagic Wrote:  My QNAP also failed after updating ,it is a TS 119 P2.

Peter.

Is the failure the same, i.e., that MinimWatch can't see MinimServer?

When the problem is occurring, is the MinimServer status web page working? You can check this by going to http://x.x.x.x:9790 in a web browser, where x.x.x.x is the IP address of the NAS.
12-12-2017, 06:49
(11-12-2017 21:02)leighton buzzard Wrote:  Just updated Minimserver on my QNAP and now it wont run. MinimWatch log is showing the following message...

[MinimServer] is running
Error 1 [Unknown] invoking GetAllPackageStatus on remote runtime monitor

(11-12-2017 22:00)daedlo Wrote:  I have the same problem.
MinimServer did auto update to 112 this morning and since then am unable to access. I have tried via Linn Kazoo on iPad as well as MinimWatch on iMac and Win10 pc.
I have re-installed MinimServer on the QNAP NAS I use for my music files with no difference. I have switched NAS off/on with no difference. The only indication I get is the error message in MinimWatch:

When the problem is occurring, is the MinimServer status web page working? You can check this by going to http://x.x.x.x:9790 in a web browser, where x.x.x.x is the IP address of the NAS.