Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MinimServer doesnt like multivalues for AlbumArtist
06-08-2017, 17:38
RE: MinimServer doesnt like multivalues for AlbumArtist
(06-08-2017 04:44)steve1977 Wrote:  Unfortunately, Kodi does not pick it up. Maybe because it reads "album_artists" instead of "abumartists". I tried to manually change this with MP3Tag, but without success. Is there a setting that I can change the tag name in Saikoz?
No, you cannot currently create custom fields in Jaikoz, I do think you can do in MP3Tag so you should be able to create the new field and then copy values for album_artists to albumartists. But I'm not very familiar with MP3Tag so I don't know how you do it.

Can you not configure Kodi to read from a different field. This is the great thing about MinimServer is that you can configure to read from any custom field (although there are a few standard fields it cannot read)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-08-2017, 17:53 (This post was last modified: 06-08-2017 17:54 by paultaylor.)
(05-08-2017 18:39)steve1977 Wrote:  2. Falscher Freund
Artist: Baba Saad & D-Bo
Artists: Baba Saad; D-Bo
Albumartist: Baba Saad feat. Bushido
Albumartists: Baba Saad; Bushido

I would like in the artist view to see the two albumartists ("Baba Saad" and "Bushido"). I would not expect "D-Bo" to show up in the artist list as this will be limited to albumartists. Also, I would not expect "Baba Saad feat. Bushido" to be part of the artist list as this is not the artist.

Is this possible?
Hi, so you would like:

1> 'All Artists' (Track Artist only index)
Baba Saad
D-Bo

2> 'Artist' (Album Artist unless missing then use Track Artist)
Baba Saad
Bushido

1> Is easy using artists:-artist
2> Is not really possible because although you can map albumartists:-albumartist you will break the albumartist logic of MinimServer because it expects all albumartists of one album to have the same single value
i.e
Track 1, Album Artist, Baba Saad, Bushido
Track 2, Album Artist, Baba Saad, Bushido

It doesnt support the same multi-value album artist
Track 1, Album Artist,
Baba Saad,
Bushido

Track 2, Album Artist,
Baba Saad,
Bushido

Simon I dont see any logical reason why MinimServer should not work as expected if all albumartists on the one album have the same multi-value album artist. Is it possible to consider this as feature request, or is there a logical/techincal reason why this cannot be done ?

So, the workaround that I suggest in http://blog.jthink.net/2017/05/minimserv...album.html is to leave albumartist alone so Artist index works as expected

But add another index called Album Artist that is populated by the Album_artists field

So now you have an All Artists, Artists and Album_artist index and the best of both worlds.
07-08-2017, 00:36
Thanks Paul for your replies. This is all very helpful.

Let me give Jaikoz another try. I may find a way to use it on-top of Picard. The library management features of Jaikoz are very impressive and way above Picard. Also, it appears faster and less sluggish.

In the very ideal case, Jaikoz and Picard can find a way to align naming/use of albumartists/artists (plus the sort variances). I am sure the Kodi developer will be willing to adapt its naming convention, but ideally Jaikoz and Picard can follow the same. Also, maybe you can help point the Picard guys to a fix for artists/albumartists for MP4 files (currently broken).
Find all posts by this user
07-08-2017, 10:18
(06-08-2017 17:53)paultaylor Wrote:  Simon I dont see any logical reason why MinimServer should not work as expected if all albumartists on the one album have the same multi-value album artist. Is it possible to consider this as feature request, or is there a logical/techincal reason why this cannot be done ?

The current rules for how MinimServer handles AlbumArtist tags, Artist tags, the AlbumArtist index, the Artist index and the All Artists index have been designed to do what most users want for most music libraries. Explaining how all this works is already fairly complex and the restriction to a single AlbumArtist value per album limits this complexity by reducing the number of cases that need to be described in the documentation and supported by the implementation. Allowing multiple AlbumArtist values would add complexity to both the description and the implementation and would create a new class of errors where some tracks in an album are tagged with two AlbumArtist values and some tracks are tagged with only one of these values.

Quote:So, the workaround that I suggest in http://blog.jthink.net/2017/05/minimserv...album.html is to leave albumartist alone so Artist index works as expected

But add another index called Album Artist that is populated by the Album_artists field

So now you have an All Artists, Artists and Album_artist index and the best of both worlds.

This would also be my suggestion, except that I would suggest not having an Artist index because this would contain things that the OP doesn't want to see (Baba Saad feat. Bushido). Instead, indexTags could contain Albumartists:Artist so that the Artist index contains just the "album artist" values and the All Artists index contains just the "track artist" values.
25-08-2017, 04:12
(07-08-2017 00:36)steve1977 Wrote:  Let me give Jaikoz another try. I may find a way to use it on-top of Picard. The library management features of Jaikoz are very impressive and way above Picard. Also, it appears faster and less sluggish.

It is quite unfortunate that Jaikoz and Picard have gone with a different tag name for albumartists (with and without "_"). This makes it difficult for me to use both in parallel. Do you see any chance that this will eventually get harmonized (i.e., one of the two would need to change its naming approach)?
25-08-2017, 12:18
(25-08-2017 04:12)steve1977 Wrote:  It is quite unfortunate that Jaikoz and Picard have gone with a different tag name for albumartists (with and without "_"). This makes it difficult for me to use both in parallel. Do you see any chance that this will eventually get harmonized (i.e., one of the two would need to change its naming approach)?

There is, unfortunately, no enforceable standard on tag names and definitions. There are conventions (which make the use of "_" in a tag name rather unusual), but few of them are universally observed.

David
25-08-2017, 12:42
Thanks. I am aware that there is nothing that can be "enforced". I was hoping that the developer teams of Jaikoz and Picard could agree to use "albumartists" or "album_artists". I believe this is the only tag that differs between the two taggers.
25-08-2017, 13:02 (This post was last modified: 25-08-2017 13:05 by DavidHB.)
(25-08-2017 12:42)steve1977 Wrote:  Thanks. I am aware that there is nothing that can be "enforced". I was hoping that the developer teams of Jaikoz and Picard could agree to use "albumartists" or "album_artists". I believe this is the only tag that differs between the two taggers.

Probably that last sentence should read "... only relevantt tag ..." Smile

Is it possible to have both tags, and use a tag editor (MP3Tag, Metadatics) to batch copy from one to the other? There might also be a MinimServer setting that would help
(for example AlbumArtists:Album_Artists in Index Tags, or perhaps one of the tag options), but without knowing (or perhaps just not understanding!) your precise use case, it is difficult to be specific about this.

David
04-09-2017, 20:56
(25-08-2017 12:42)steve1977 Wrote:  Thanks. I am aware that there is nothing that can be "enforced". I was hoping that the developer teams of Jaikoz and Picard could agree to use "albumartists" or "album_artists". I believe this is the only tag that differs between the two taggers.
I do try and get agreement with Picard, in this case Jaikoz/Songkong added it first and it hasn't even been officially added to Picard so hopeful they can change it, I have asked them. Another issue is that with Jaikoz/SongKong for any new fields we have now stuck to using the exact same value for different tagging formats, this prevent issues with metadata getting lost when transcoding files from one format to another. But Picard have still be using slightly different values for different formats (ID3, VorbisComment etc) which causes problems when transcoding and also mean additional audio specific configuration is required in MinimServer if your library has songs in different formats and you want to use any custom fields.