Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MinimServer doesnt like multivalues for AlbumArtist
04-08-2017, 11:01
RE: MinimServer doesnt like multivalues for AlbumArtist
(03-08-2017 20:00)simoncn Wrote:  Do you have Artists:-Artist in aliasTags? For the rest of this post, I am assuming that you do have this.

That is correct, as suggested as a solution by PaulTaylor.

(03-08-2017 20:00)simoncn Wrote:  I presume you mean Artist index, not Artists index.

Oops! a typo.
Post corrected as appropriate.

Thank you for the other observations and tips.

However, I wouldn't want you to get the impression that my post was a query. Wink
I understood what MinimServer had done and how the control point behaved.

I was attempting to show Steve1977 details of tagging that did produce the results he wanted so that he could compare with his tagging, which was clearly different.

Looks like Steve1977 is now on the right track.

Regards.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-08-2017, 05:16
I am still trying to get multi-value artists and maybe albumartists to work. I have retagged my files to comply with what MiniM expects. Somehow, I am still doing something wrong and not sure what. Let me post my full settings and also tags. See below:

MiniM settings
Server
aliasTags: artists:-artist
contentDirectory: F:\iTunes\iTunes Media\Music2\
displayName: MinimServer[xxx-PC]
index Tags: Artist, All Artists, Date, Genre, Choir, Composer, Conductor
mergeFolderAlbums: false
Advanced
showExtras: true
startupScan: true
tagCustom: AlbumArtist.displayRole={artist}, Composer.displayRole={artist}, all.display.multiTag

Tags according to DBPoweramp
01 Regen.mp3
Artist: Baba Saad & Bushido
Artist Sort: Baba Saad & Bushido
Artists: Baba Saad; Bushido
artists_sort: Baba Saad; Bushido
Album Artist: Baba Saad feat. Bushido
Album Artist Sort: Baba Saad feat. Bushido
albumartists: Baba Saad; Bushido
albumartists_sort: Baba Saad; Bushido

XML payload
<dc:title>Regen</dc:title>
<dc:date>2008-03-21</dc:date>
<upnp:album>Regen</upnp:album>
<upnp:artist role="AlbumArtist">Baba Saad feat. Bushido</upnp:artist>
<upnp:artist>Baba Saad; Bushido</upnp:artist>
<dc:creator>Baba Saad; Bushido</dc:creator>
05-08-2017, 07:14
(05-08-2017 05:16)steve1977 Wrote:  I am still trying to get multi-value artists and maybe albumartists to work. I have retagged my files to comply with what MiniM expects. Somehow, I am still doing something wrong and not sure what. Let me post my full settings and also tags. See below:
Steve, Im not that familiar with how dbPoweramp displays things but could it be you have entered the two artists seperated by a ';' rather than a proper null character. Could you please open the files in Jaikoz then you can clearly see if they are a single value or multiple value.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-08-2017, 07:32
Thanks. Mmh, this is now getting even weirder, but maybe leading to a solution. Below what the three different tagger/readers see. Per Alandbush's suggestion, I have retagged the file and changed the separator from " / " to "; ". I am still tagging with Picard in ID3v22.3. Shall I retag to ID3v22.4 instead?

Tags according to DBPoweramp
01 Regen.mp3
Album Artist Sort: Baba Saad feat. Bushido

Tags according to Jaikoz
01 Regen.mp3
Artists:
Sort Artists:
Sort Album Artist: Baba Saad feat. Bushido
Album Artists:
Sort Album Artists_sort:

Tags according to Picard
01 Regen.mp3
Artist Sort Order: Baba Saad & Bushido
Album Artist Sort Order: Baba Saad feat. Bushido
05-08-2017, 08:06
Update - retagged with Picard to ID3V2.4 just to see whether any chance. Jaikoz still same result as above.
05-08-2017, 09:25
(05-08-2017 08:06)steve1977 Wrote:  Update - retagged with Picard to ID3V2.4 just to see whether any chance. Jaikoz still same result as above.
It definently has to be ID3v24 for it to work with MinimServer
If the ARTISTS tags are not displaying in Jaikoz I think its a case issue. Although MinimServer ignores the case in ID3 tags they are actually case sensitive so I think Picard and Jaikoz are doing something slightly different.
Just run Action:Remote Correct:Update Metadata from MusicBrainz on those files,that should populate field in Jaikoz, make sure they are ID3v24 format and then save them to see if now work in MinimServer
05-08-2017, 09:48
I have changed the album to ID3V24 using Picard. They show correctly in Picard and also in MP3Tag. DBPoweramp now can no longer read any tags (not supporting ID3V24?). Unfortunately, they still do not show in Jaikoz at all.

I then retagged them with Jaikoz as you described above. There is indeed some differnce how they show up now. I can see the difference when I check for changes with Picard (incl. capitalizations):

JAIKOZ
ALBUM_ARTISTS = Saad; Bushido
ALBUM_ARTISTS_SORT = Baba Saad; Bushido
ARTISTS = Saad; Bushido
ARTISTS_SORT = Baba Saad; Bushido

PICARD
albumartists = Baba Saad; Bushido
albumartists_sort = Baba Saad; Bushido
Artists = Baba Saad; Bushido
artists_sort = Baba Saad; Bushido
05-08-2017, 10:20 (This post was last modified: 05-08-2017 10:22 by paultaylor.)
(05-08-2017 09:48)steve1977 Wrote:  I have changed the album to ID3V24 using Picard. They show correctly in Picard and also in MP3Tag. DBPoweramp now can no longer read any tags (not supporting ID3V24?).
More to the point is did they work in MinimServer after this

(05-08-2017 09:48)steve1977 Wrote:  Unfortunately, they still do not show in Jaikoz at all.

I then retagged them with Jaikoz as you described above. There is indeed some difference how they show up now. I can see the difference when I check for changes with Picard (incl. capitalizations):

JAIKOZ
ALBUM_ARTISTS = Saad; Bushido
ALBUM_ARTISTS_SORT = Baba Saad; Bushido
ARTISTS = Saad; Bushido
ARTISTS_SORT = Baba Saad; Bushido

PICARD
albumartists = Baba Saad; Bushido
albumartists_sort = Baba Saad; Bushido
Artists = Baba Saad; Bushido
artists_sort = Baba Saad; Bushido
Okay so they are different, Artists & Artists_Sort is just a case difference and AlbumArtists,AlbumArtistsSort also differs because Jaikoz uses an underscore between album and artists. We always use uppercase names now for any new custom tags in ID3 so that there is no confusion when converting to/from Flac since Flac tags are case-insensitive.

Im unclear how your version of Picard has these fields because according to https://github.com/metabrainz/picard/pull/553 this is still ongoing and hasn't been committed yet.

You should have some success with MinimServer now.
05-08-2017, 10:32
Thanks. Artists is committed with Picard in latest stable release. Albumartists is not, but can be used if including $setmulti(albumartists,%_albumartists%) in scripting.

There is another difference. Picard pulls the artist "Baba Saad", while Jaikoz uses the actual artist "Saad". You can argue Jaikoz is more accurate, but for sorting it is a bit disturbing as I will have both "Saad" and "Baba Saad" show up in the artist list.

Is there any way that I can use the tags from Picard with MiniM and still get multi-value working? It would be quite an effort to retag 50k songs with Jaikoz. Also, I am a heavy user of Picard's scripting feature, which is not supported by Jaikoz. And lastly, Kodi media player is using the artists/albumartists tags in the Picard way, so I don't want to lose this.
05-08-2017, 11:03
(05-08-2017 10:32)steve1977 Wrote:  Thanks. Artists is committed with Picard in latest stable release. Albumartists is not, but can be used if including $setmulti(albumartists,%_albumartists%) in scripting.
Im not very familiar with Picard scripting, if albumartists doesnt exist how does this do what you want doesn't it just convert the existing value into multivalue, does albumartists exist but hidden somehow ?

(05-08-2017 10:32)steve1977 Wrote:  There is another difference. Picard pulls the artist "Baba Saad", while Jaikoz uses the actual artist "Saad". You can argue Jaikoz is more accurate, but for sorting it is a bit disturbing as I will have both "Saad" and "Baba Saad" show up in the artist list.
Just enable Preferences:Remote Correct:Format:Use standard artist name instead of name on cover (I should enable this by default) and rerun Update Metadata from MusicBrainz and that should fix it.

(05-08-2017 10:32)steve1977 Wrote:  Is there any way that I can use the tags from Picard with MiniM and still get multi-value working? It would be quite an effort to retag 50k songs with Jaikoz. Also, I am a heavy user of Picard's scripting feature, which is not supported by Jaikoz. And lastly, Kodi media player is using the artists/albumartists tags in the Picard way, so I don't want to lose this.
Yes I think so if you just ensure all tags are ID3v24 when tagging. Jaikoz currently support scripting for filenaming but not tags themselves. We have requested that Picard uses the same tags as Jaikoz for compatability so hope that issue will go away.

Does dbPoweramp really not support ID3v24 ?