Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MinimServer doesnt like multivalues for AlbumArtist
29-07-2017, 18:51
RE: MinimServer doesnt like multivalues for AlbumArtist
Thanks for your help. I failed to get albumartists to work (see above). Maybe, let's start with the troubleshooting on this one first.

One potential issue is that I only have a tag albumartists (created with Picard script $setmulti(albumartists,%_albumartists%), but not an albumartistssort. Do I need this tag to get albumartists to work? I am currently using Kodi as DLNA server and it somehow also works without the sorting.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
30-07-2017, 09:13
(29-07-2017 18:51)steve1977 Wrote:  Thanks for your help. I failed to get albumartists to work (see above). Maybe, let's start with the troubleshooting on this one first.

One potential issue is that I only have a tag albumartists (created with Picard script $setmulti(albumartists,%_albumartists%), but not an albumartistssort. Do I need this tag to get albumartists to work? I am currently using Kodi as DLNA server and it somehow also works without the sorting.

No albumartistssort is only for ordering albumartists it isnt mandarory. But have you grasped the fact you can't use albumartists for the albumartist because that breaks minimservers logic. You can only use it in a seperate index fror browsing individual album artists. But if you just map artists to artist as i suggested you should immediately see better results.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-07-2017, 11:35
Thanks. I failed with the separate index. But let me follow your suggestion to try first to male artists to artist. I added "artists:-artist" to 'tag options'. Unfortunately, I receive the error message "syntax error" upon rescan.
30-07-2017, 18:22
(30-07-2017 11:35)steve1977 Wrote:  Thanks. I failed with the separate index. But let me follow your suggestion to try first to male artists to artist. I added "artists:-artist" to 'tag options'. Unfortunately, I receive the error message "syntax error" upon rescan.

The above tag names should be entered as an aliasTags property.
This should show your Artists tag values under the All Artists index.
31-07-2017, 10:29
(30-07-2017 18:22)Alandbush Wrote:  The above tag names should be entered as an aliasTags property.
This should show your Artists tag values under the All Artists index.
Sorry I was away from office when i posted that, now corrected post.
03-08-2017, 01:58
Thanks for your help. I have tried this out and there is some success. However, it still does not work the way I would like it to. Adding "artists:-artist" one tag and not a multi-value tag. Let me illustrate below:

I am seeing this from MiniM:

<upnp:artist role="AlbumArtist">2Pac feat. Dr. Dre</upnp:artist>
<upnp:artist>2Pac/Jewell/Outlawz/Storm</upnp:artist>

However, I'd like to see:

<upnp:artist role="AlbumArtist">2Pac feat. Dr. Dre</upnp:artist>
<upnp:artist>2Pac</upnp:artist>
<upnp:artist>Jewell</upnp:artist>
<upnp:artist>Outlawz</upnp:artist>
<upnp:artist>Storm</upnp:artist>
03-08-2017, 08:44
(03-08-2017 01:58)steve1977 Wrote:  Thanks for your help. I have tried this out and there is some success. However, it still does not work the way I would like it to. Adding "artists:-artist" one tag and not a multi-value tag
Are you sure that you actually have multiple artists tag in your file as opposed to a single artists tag, what is the audio format of your music file ?
03-08-2017, 09:21
I am observing in both MP3 and M4A files the same issue.

You are bringing up a fair question. My files are all tagged with MBZ Picard. They include artist, artists, albumartist and albumartists tag.

Do you know whether my tags give me single-artist or multi-artists tag?
03-08-2017, 11:27
(03-08-2017 09:21)steve1977 Wrote:  I am observing in both MP3 and M4A files the same issue.

You are bringing up a fair question. My files are all tagged with MBZ Picard. They include artist, artists, albumartist and albumartists tag.

Do you know whether my tags give me single-artist or multi-artists tag?
With MP3 you can use ID3v22, ID3v23 or ID2v24. Only ID3v24 officially supports multiple values in text fields separated with null characters, and whilst it is technically possible to separate values with nulls in ID3v23 MinimServer ignores this approach because it is non-standard.

You can check ID3 version by right clicking on track in Picard and selecting Info...

So if you are using ID3v22/v23 please convert to use ID3v24. I think opening Options:Tags and setting Tags Compatibiity to ID3v24 should do it, but you may have to retag.

Alternatively you could download Jaikoz, this would clearly show you if you have multiple values in the Artists field or not and you can easily convert between versions (this can be done in trial)

Alternatively, use a HexEditor such as Ultraedit search for ARTISTS, and print a screenshot showing the hex of this value and the following text, and I can analyse that.

I'm not sure how Picard handles MP4s, so just test out MP3s first.
03-08-2017, 12:08 (This post was last modified: 03-08-2017 12:14 by simoncn.)
ID3v2.3 has limited support for multiple values. The TCOM, TEXT, TOPE and TPE1 frames can have multiple values separated by a "/" character. MinimServer maps these frames to COMPOSER, LYRICIST, ORIGINALARTIST and ARTIST. The TOLY frame also supports "/" as a separator but this frame is not mapped by MinimServer.

As your files are tagged with ARTISTS rather than ARTIST, this is a TXXX frame and the special treatment of "/" in ID3v2.3 does not apply. As Paul says, the solution is to move up to ID3v2.4.