Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Update 100
08-05-2017, 19:53 (This post was last modified: 08-05-2017 19:54 by pediatrik.)
Update 100
Installed the latest update today, as well as the latest DSM 6.1.1-15101 Update 1. Since then MinimServer is in a strange loop:

MinimServer[DiskStation] is running
stopping MinimServer[DiskStation]
MinimServer[DiskStation] is stopped
Language setting is 'def'
Current time is Mon May 08 20:53:13 CEST 2017 in time zone Europe/Amsterdam
starting MinimServer[DiskStation]
Warning: conflicting ALBUMARTIST values ignored for album Mozart Horn Quintet KV 407, Oboe Quartet KV 370, Clarinet Quintet KV 581
first conflicting value: Brandis Quartet/Koch
first conflicting item: Quartet for Oboe, Violin, Viola & Cello in F major KV 370 - Adagio
second conflicting value: Brandis Quartet/Leister
second conflicting item: Quintet for Clarinet, 2 Violins, Viola & Cello in A major KV 581 - Menuetto
Current time is Mon May 08 20:53:46 CEST 2017 in time zone Europe/Amsterdam

And so on...

Any ideas?

PS I'm well aware of the conflicting AlbumArtist values and they have never prompted this strange behavior before. DS
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-05-2017, 20:22
RE: Update 100
I don't think the stopping/starting loop is related to the warning message and I would be very surprised if it is related to update 100.

If you have MinimWatch running, try exiting this, waiting for a minute or two and then relaunching it. It is just possible that the problem might be caused by something in MinimWatch.

If the loop is still occurring, try stopping MinimServer from the Package Center and then restarting it. If this doesn't fix it, try rebooting the NAS.
08-05-2017, 20:58
(08-05-2017 20:22)simoncn Wrote:  I don't think the stopping/starting loop is related to the warning message and I would be very surprised if it is related to update 100.

If you have MinimWatch running, try exiting this, waiting for a minute or two and then relaunching it. It is just possible that the problem might be caused by something in MinimWatch.

If the loop is still occurring, try stopping MinimServer from the Package Center and then restarting it. If this doesn't fix it, try rebooting the NAS.

Exiting MinimWatch did not help. Stopping MinimServer from the Package center gave me this message "The Java installation seems to be corrupted. Please reinstall the Java Synology package." Starting MinimServer again (without reinstalling Java) creates the same loop, but with some new info in the log:

MinimServer 0.8.4 update 100, Copyright © 2012-2017 Simon Nash. All rights reserved.
Java™ SE Embedded Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_121-b13)
Java HotSpot™ Embedded Client VM (build 25.121-b13, mixed mode)
Platform default charset is UTF-8
Language setting is 'sve'
Current time is Mon May 08 21:54:47 CEST 2017 in time zone Europe/Amsterdam
Warning: problem reading input cache file Music-2.mcache: java.nio.channels.ClosedByInterruptException
Language setting is 'sve'
Current time is Mon May 08 21:55:05 CEST 2017 in time zone Europe/Amsterdam

I'll try reinstalling Java and see if that helps!
08-05-2017, 21:14
Do you have MinimServer 0.8.4.2 installed? The message about Java being corrupted is a known issue with older versions of MinimServer.

What NAS model do you have?

The ClosedByInterruptException message is a symptom of the problem, not the cause. It happens because MinimServer receives a Stop request while it is reading the input cache file.
08-05-2017, 21:24
Yes, MinimServer 0.8.4.2 installed. NAS is Synology DS212j.

Reinstalling Java did not help. Re-booting the NAS was the cure. Thank you for the support Simon!
09-05-2017, 11:40
Simon, today the loop is back unfortunately. After me editing some flawed tags, MinimServer is repeatingly starting and stopping the same way as yesterday. I guess a restart of the NAS will solve it, but I guess there must be some way to avoid the server from looping?!

Warning: problem reading input cache file Music-1.mcache: java.nio.channels.ClosedByInterruptException
Current time is Tue May 09 12:40:59 CEST 2017 in time zone Europe/Amsterdam
Warning: conflicting ALBUMARTIST values ignored for album Mozart Horn Quintet KV 407, Oboe Quartet KV 370, Clarinet Quintet KV 581
first conflicting item: Quartet for Oboe, Violin, Viola & Cello in F major KV 370 - Adagio
second conflicting item: Quintet for Clarinet, 2 Violins, Viola & Cello in A major KV 581 - Menuetto
MinimServer[DiskStation] is running
Current time is Tue May 09 12:41:51 CEST 2017 in time zone Europe/Amsterdam
09-05-2017, 12:06 (This post was last modified: 09-05-2017 12:06 by simoncn.)
Do you have MinimWatch running? If so, does it help if you exit MinimWatch?
09-05-2017, 22:16
(09-05-2017 12:06)simoncn Wrote:  Do you have MinimWatch running? If so, does it help if you exit MinimWatch?

Yes, MinimWatch running. Exit and restart did not help. Did not check wether only exit would help... Will try out tomorrow!
09-05-2017, 22:19
(09-05-2017 22:16)pediatrik Wrote:  Yes, MinimWatch running. Exit and restart did not help. Did not check wether only exit would help... Will try out tomorrow!

OK, thanks. Something external to MinimServer is causing it to stop and restart. It could be MinimWatch or it could be something in DSM.
10-05-2017, 19:10
(09-05-2017 22:19)simoncn Wrote:  
(09-05-2017 22:16)pediatrik Wrote:  Yes, MinimWatch running. Exit and restart did not help. Did not check wether only exit would help... Will try out tomorrow!

OK, thanks. Something external to MinimServer is causing it to stop and restart. It could be MinimWatch or it could be something in DSM.

No luck with only exiting MinimWatch. New update (2) for DSM 6.1.1-15101 available today. Maybe it contains a fix?! Will try asap!

By the way, maybe I should mention that I'm also running MinimServer Auto Rescan 1.1.