Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TIDAL integration
08-03-2015, 14:08
TIDAL integration
Apologies if this has been asked already.... wondered if it would be possible to integrate my TIDAL favourite Albums/Artists/Playlists (or a subset of) into the MinimServer database, so that I see one seamless library across local/cloud music.

Is that remotely possible?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-03-2015, 19:12
RE: TIDAL integration
(08-03-2015 14:08)netim3 Wrote:  Apologies if this has been asked already.... wondered if it would be possible to integrate my TIDAL favourite Albums/Artists/Playlists (or a subset of) into the MinimServer database, so that I see one seamless library across local/cloud music.

Is that remotely possible?

It is a remote possibility and would require a lot of feasibility investigation before I could give any estimate of its probability.
08-03-2015, 19:29
Tks... well I suppose even the investigation would only be worthwhile if there's sufficient demand/support....
08-03-2015, 21:19
(08-03-2015 19:29)netim3 Wrote:  Tks... well I suppose even the investigation would only be worthwhile if there's sufficient demand/support....

There have been a few posts about this and I am intending to do this investigation at some point. If there is any news, I will post it here.
11-11-2015, 20:55
+1 for integration of Tidal in Minimserver!
13-11-2015, 16:45
OK, another +1 ..

Listening to Tidal FLAC track transcoded to WAV by MinimStreamer before sent to the DAC via UPnP sounds promising Smile
14-02-2017, 14:07
Late I know but +1
14-02-2017, 16:13
There are many UPnP apps that allows for Tidal (and Qobuz, Deezer, etc..) streaming. If you can achieve this via an App, why force Minim to do so?
15-02-2017, 10:15 (This post was last modified: 15-02-2017 10:16 by Pepsican.)
Sorry to be a party poop here. But as Rompolompo already states, there are many apps that allow for streaming TIDAL, Qobuz and Spotify, including the integration of tracks from local storage and streaming into one single playlist. There is already a solution. What would be the added benefit compared to the existing solutions of having this in Minim? Also, why add a point-solution to Minim? If TIDAL changes its method of streaming, what would then the impact be? And if TIDAL is done, what about Deezer, Qobuz, Apple Music, Spotify and whatelse? Could they all use the same framework or do we need a specific solution for each?
15-02-2017, 12:20 (This post was last modified: 15-02-2017 12:25 by jaaptina.)
Lightbulb RE: TIDAL integration
Using Bubbleupnp as control point I'm often switching between Minimserver and Qobuz streaming. This means switching "databases" often from Minimserver to "Local and cloud". I would like to see Qobuz integrated in the Minimserver library. Could be Bubbleupnp integrating cloud access within the libraries. Or just Bubbleupnp expanding the "library" pull down menu (picture 2) by showing all available sources at once. That would make switching libraries and cloud easier.

[Image: 9bp6Xs0.png]

[Image: B0EQVQP.png]