Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More Albums showing with latest Update?
20-12-2016, 19:56 (This post was last modified: 20-12-2016 20:16 by glainc.)
More Albums showing with latest Update?
I like that I have 723 more albums than I did an hour ago
before updating to 0.8.4 Update 94
(on my TS-259 with 4.2.2 Build 20161214).

But of course I don't really. 723 of the 1668 are just shown doubly.

Some of the doubles show no cover pic with one of them.

Everything else seems normal. Any ideas?

THanks,
Tom
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
20-12-2016, 22:29
RE: More Albums showing with latest Update?
The new version of MinimServer is now scanning files and folders whose names start with a period (.). Your bogus duplicates either have a name starting with a period or are in a folder whose name starts with a period. Can you check this and let me know some examples of filenames and/or folder names for the bogus duplicates?

You can check folder names by setting the logging level to Verbose and doing a Rescan. All the folder names will be displayed in the log window. Alternatively, you can use [folder view] to view all folder names. Checking file names isn't quite so easy.
20-12-2016, 22:58 (This post was last modified: 20-12-2016 23:03 by glainc.)
I'm not aware of any of our files or folders starting with a period. Not something I've ever seen.
But here's one example, which is representative of the entire library.
Folder Claire Martin > Too Darn Hot
Tracks:
01 - Something s Coming.flac
02 - Love At Last.flac
etc.
ending with Folder.jpg for the cover pic.
I checked the tags too, and nothing begins, or ends, with a period.
But the album appears twice. And each is identical as far as I can tell.

When I Choose Verbose logging and Rescan, I get only this in the window:
restarting MinimServer[QNAPmusic]
starting MinimServer[QNAPmusic]
MinimServer[QNAPmusic] is running

As I mentioned before, many are shown doubly, but the cover pic appears with only one of the two instances.

Can I revert to the previous version?
21-12-2016, 00:15
Well, here's something funny.
Folder view begins with an item called " .Trashes " and inside it something named "501" (presumably not Levi's jeans) and inside that are what is likely 501 album folders (although I did not count them).

But there is nothing of the sort in my Multimedia share.

This is curious in another way. The increased album count today is 723 higher than the actual number.
21-12-2016, 07:18
The .Trashes folder is created by MacOS but MacOS doesn't show you this file when you are loooking at your files in Finder. This folder contains files that you have moved to the Trash using Finder.

Because this folder name starts with a period, it is now being scanned by MinimServer. You should be able to solve the problem by putting the value

.Trashes

in the excludePattern property and doing a rescan.

I will publish a MinimServer update that automatically excludes the .Trashes folder from scanning.
21-12-2016, 19:00 (This post was last modified: 21-12-2016 19:02 by glainc.)
(21-12-2016 07:18)simoncn Wrote:  The .Trashes folder is created by MacOS but MacOS doesn't show you this file when you are loooking at your files in Finder. This folder contains files that you have moved to the Trash using Finder.

Because this folder name starts with a period, it is now being scanned by MinimServer. You should be able to solve the problem by putting the value

.Trashes

in the excludePattern property and doing a rescan.

I will publish a MinimServer update that automatically excludes the .Trashes folder from scanning.

Done. No effect.
Maybe I misunderstand. You say .Trashes is created by MacOS, but I am running Minimserver on the QNAP, Minimwatch on the MacBook, and using iPad as control point. Where does MacOS enter the picture?
21-12-2016, 19:23
(21-12-2016 19:00)glainc Wrote:  Done. No effect.

That's very surprising. I will check this myself.

Quote:Maybe I misunderstand. You say .Trashes is created by MacOS, but I am running Minimserver on the QNAP, Minimwatch on the MacBook, and using iPad as control point. Where does MacOS enter the picture?

I presume you have used MacOS at some point to access the QNAP and you have deleted files on the QNAP using the MacOS Finder.
21-12-2016, 20:38
I have not been able to find any way to create a .Trashes fiolder on the QNAP by deleting files using MacOS Finder. When I do this, Finder tells me that the file will be deleted immediately.

Is is possible that the .Trashes folder on the QNAP was originally on your Mac and it was copied over to the QNAP by doing a backup or something like that?
21-12-2016, 22:09
Hmmmm...i did do a USB "Synchronize" backup of the QNAP yesterday too.

QNAP does explain that with Sync backup, files are copied from the Source to the Dest and files on the destination that are not on the source are deleted, i.e. a two-way sync, so that would argue against a .Trashes folder being copied over. Also, I've used that drive for periodic backups for the past year.

I wonder how I might find hidden folders on the QNAP.
At one time there was a @Recycle folder, but I deactivated that long ago. That made items appear twice, just as I am experiencing now, since they weren't really deleted.

Q: If a folder is marked ".", i.e. Do Not Show, does that carry over to the contents of the folder?
21-12-2016, 22:26
OK! Here we go.
On the QNAP File Station app, open the Mutlimedia share, and click the Settings "gear" to bring up a list of checkboxes, one of them being "Show hidden files on NAS".
Checking the box results in these files now appearing.:
.fseventd
.Spotlight-V100
.TemporaryItems
.Trashes -- Which contains the previously mention "501" folder displayed under [folder view] in Kazoo!

Deleting it solved the problem!!

Still, I wonder if Minim decided to start looking at hidden folders?
or did this folder get copied in the Sync backup.
What do you think?