Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MinimWatch icon not visible in nightmare on MacOS
03-11-2016, 11:40
MinimWatch icon not visible in nightmare on MacOS
I am running OSX 10.11 and this supports night mode with a black menu bar.

The MinimWatch icon is not visible in nightmare and I think this could be resolved by inverting the icon colours when night mode is active.

Guus
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-11-2016, 11:47
RE: MinimWatch icon not visible in nightmare on MacOS
(03-11-2016 11:40)guussie Wrote:  I am running OSX 10.11 and this supports night mode with a black menu bar.

The MinimWatch icon is not visible in nightmare and I think this could be resolved by inverting the icon colours when night mode is active.

Guus

Unfortunately there is no way that MinimWatch can detect that night mode is active. This is a Java limitation. Do the other menu bar icons automatically invert their colours in night mode?
04-11-2016, 16:07
(03-11-2016 11:47)simoncn Wrote:  
(03-11-2016 11:40)guussie Wrote:  I am running OSX 10.11 and this supports night mode with a black menu bar.

Guus

Unfortunately there is no way that MinimWatch can detect that night mode is active. This is a Java limitation. Do the other menu bar icons automatically invert their colours in night mode?

Yes, they do.

With the latest version of MinimServer, the logo background is still white, so I can see the logo. With a previous version I did not see the white background. I will check again tonight.

The white background is OK, but it just looks a bit odd in night mode.
04-11-2016, 16:36
(04-11-2016 16:07)guussie Wrote:  Yes, they do.

With the latest version of MinimServer, the logo background is still white, so I can see the logo. With a previous version I did not see the white background. I will check again tonight.

The white background was an intentional change to work around the problem with night mode (see this post). This is the best that can be achieved without changes to the Java runtime.
04-11-2016, 17:30
(04-11-2016 16:36)simoncn Wrote:  
(04-11-2016 16:07)guussie Wrote:  Yes, they do.

The white background was an intentional change to work around the problem with night mode (see this post). This is the best that can be achieved without changes to the Java runtime.

Simon, this is fine. It works for me. Thanks!