Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HEOS problem
11-10-2016, 22:32
RE: HEOS problem
The only way for me to be sure what is happening is by looking at a complete trace log of all network traffic to and from MinimServer while the problem is happening. The instructions for creating this log will vary depending on what device (PC, Mac, NAS) you are using to run MinimServer. What device are you using?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-10-2016, 06:24
QNAP NAS drive
13-10-2016, 22:52
Please do the following:

1) Use MinimWatch to display the System tab of the Properties window and set ohnet.debug to All-Timer
2) Use MinimWatch to display the MinimServer log window and set the logging level to Debug
3) In the QNAP App Center, stop MinimServer
4) Power off all your network devices
5) Power on only those devices that are essential to running the test: the router, any switches (if needed), the HEOS, the QNAP and the iOS device that you use to run the HEOS app. Don't start MinimServer or the HEOS app yet.
6) In the QNAP App Center, start MinimServer
7) On your iOS device, launch the HEOS app (only), noting the exact time when the HEOS app was launched and the exact time when it detects that MinimServer is available
8) Try to access the MinimServer library contents from the HEOS app, noting the exact time when you did this
9) Continue (at reasonable intervals) to try to access the MinimServer library contents from the HEOS app and note the exact time of each attempt
10) When you no longer get the "no media" message, note the exact time that this happened
11) Copy the minimserver.log file from the Public share of the QNAP NAS to another location on your computer

Please post back here when you have done this and I will send you instructions for getting the log file to me.
22-10-2016, 11:04
Thanks for that Simon...

Simon, Re Step 4.. I have over 75 network devices....
23-10-2016, 21:37
(22-10-2016 11:04)wappinghigh Wrote:  Simon, Re Step 4.. I have over 75 network devices....

It is not simple to diagnose such problems and it would be almost impossible to do this from a log that contains traffic from 75 other network devices. The only way to identify the cause of the problem is by exactly following the instructions that I have posted. Even then, I cannot guarantee success but I will do my best.
30-10-2016, 05:59
(23-10-2016 21:37)simoncn Wrote:  
(22-10-2016 11:04)wappinghigh Wrote:  Simon, Re Step 4.. I have over 75 network devices....

It is not simple to diagnose such problems and it would be almost impossible to do this from a log that contains traffic from 75 other network devices. The only way to identify the cause of the problem is by exactly following the instructions that I have posted. Even then, I cannot guarantee success but I will do my best.

Ok I have the file.
30-10-2016, 06:05
(13-10-2016 22:52)simoncn Wrote:  Please do the following:

1) Use MinimWatch to display the System tab of the Properties window and set ohnet.debug to All-Timer
2) Use MinimWatch to display the MinimServer log window and set the logging level to Debug
5) Power on only those devices that are essential to running the test: the router, any switches (if needed), the HEOS, the QNAP and the iOS device that you use to run the HEOS app. Don't start MinimServer or the HEOS app yet.
7) On your iOS device, launch the HEOS app (only), noting the exact time when the HEOS app was launched

Times are equiv to 04.45 59 etc etc...

15.45 59

and the exact time when it detects that MinimServer is available

within 15.46 10

8) Try to access the MinimServer library contents from the HEOS app, noting the exact time when you did this

15.46 55

9) Continue (at reasonable intervals) to try to access the MinimServer library contents from the HEOS app and note the exact time of each attempt

No media at 15.47 35

10) When you no longer get the "no media" message, note the exact time that this happened

11) Copy the minimserver.log file from the Public share of the QNAP NAS to another location on your computer

Please post back here when you have done this and I will send you instructions for getting the log file to me.

To be honest it was snapper today. Thing is it's random Simon. Enough to drive you nuts. Sorry. W
30-10-2016, 08:14
(30-10-2016 06:05)wappinghigh Wrote:  
(13-10-2016 22:52)simoncn Wrote:  10) When you no longer get the "no media" message, note the exact time that this happened

To be honest it was snapper today. Thing is it's random Simon. Enough to drive you nuts. Sorry. W

Thanks for doing this.

Did you note the time that you no longer get the "no media" message?

I will send you a PM with instructions for sending me the file.
30-10-2016, 08:16
(30-10-2016 06:05)wappinghigh Wrote:  
(13-10-2016 22:52)simoncn Wrote:  Please do the following:

7) On your iOS device, launch the HEOS app (only), noting the exact time when the HEOS app was launched

Times are equiv to 04.45 59 etc etc...

15.45 59

and the exact time when it detects that MinimServer is available

within 15.46 10

15.46 55

No media at 15.47 35

So, if this intermittent, what else have you got running on your network that? Any other UPnP Servers? Any other renderers or streamers? Is the HEOS connected to your network on WiFi or UTP cable? If the former, try the latter.