Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can I install MinimServer to my product?
18-10-2016, 09:20
Can I install MinimServer to my product?
Dear all,

Could I install MinimServer to my commercial product? It'd be pre-installed type or user option. Pre-install type means MinimServer installed states without user select. User option means MinimServer would be install by user select like click a button or link. As I know, these ways some products already use it.
Find all posts by this user
18-10-2016, 11:43
RE: Can I install MinimServer to my product?
Preinstallation is not permitted by the MinimServer license terms, which don't allow MinimServer to be redistributed as part of any other product.

I am aware of one product (VortexBox) that provides a link for users to download and install MinimServer. I have worked with the VortexBox developers to ensure that they have implemented this in a way that means the user will always get the current version of MinimServer (a simple link would not work for this). If you would like to pursue this, please send me a PM with details of your product.
19-10-2016, 01:14 (This post was last modified: 19-10-2016 01:15 by sanghoon.lee@sotm-audio.com.)
(18-10-2016 11:43)simoncn Wrote:  Preinstallation is not permitted by the MinimServer license terms, which don't allow MinimServer to be redistributed as part of any other product.

I am aware of one product (VortexBox) that provides a link for users to download and install MinimServer. I have worked with the VortexBox developers to ensure that they have implemented this in a way that means the user will always get the current version of MinimServer (a simple link would not work for this). If you would like to pursue this, please send me a PM with details of your product.

Do you mean 'providing install link' is allowed without any condition? Or, we need to talk about how to collaborate and develop between MinimServer and my company? Does it need kind of contract?

The product is conceptual and developing stage for now. What is 'PM' though?
19-10-2016, 07:07
PM is Private Message

Simon is suggesting taking this discussion out of the public forum

Just hit the PM button at the bottom left of Simon's post
19-10-2016, 07:13
(19-10-2016 07:07)Peter@57m Wrote:  PM is Private Message

Simon is suggesting taking this discussion out of the public forum

Just hit the PM button at the bottom left of Simon's post

Oh. OK, I see. Thank you.
19-10-2016, 19:58
(19-10-2016 01:14)sanghoon.lee@sotm-audio.com Wrote:  Do you mean 'providing install link' is allowed without any condition? Or, we need to talk about how to collaborate and develop between MinimServer and my company? Does it need kind of contract?

The MinimServer downloads don't have fixed link URLs. The URLs change when there is a new version of MinimServer and they can change for other reasons such as reorganising the file structure on the download server.

I have worked with the VortexBox developers to design a download protocol that will always return the current URL for the download. If you don't use this protocol but use a hard-coded URL instead, this URL will break from time to time and I will not be able to provide support to help you fix the problem.

The protocol is not documented publicly and this is why I asked you to contact me via PM.

I will close this thread now as this is not a suitable topic for further public discussion.
Thread Closed