Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minim to Plgplayer using QNAP
17-10-2016, 21:34
Minim to Plgplayer using QNAP
Hi,

I recently had to replace my old Xyzel NAS with a QNAP TS251. I was pleased to see there is a QNAP package for minim and had it installed in a jiffy! I have always used minim to supply my DS with music but also to stream to my Android phone using PlugPlayer. It has always worked a treat...until now. For some reason Plugplayer does not see Minimserver! Even though other CP's on the phone can see minim and Plugplayer can see Twonky which is also running on the QNAP NAS. I suspect it is something network related? But don't know what.

Any thoughts Simon? I can happily use Twonky for now but would prefer to use Minimserver.

Plugplayer does allow for manual entry of a server but requires a desc.xml (at least that is what the Twonky entry has http://192.168.1.1:9000/dev0/desc.xml). Is there such for minim? Where is located on a QNAP?

Dave
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
17-10-2016, 22:12
RE: Minim to Plgplayer using QNAP
There are a few possible reasons for this. The first place to look is the PlugPlayer Devices tab. In the list of UPnP servers, does MinimServer show up at all (perhaps greyed out)? If so, swipe each MinimServer line to the right and touch the Delete button. After this, touch the Refresh button and wait 15 to 20 minutes.

You should ignore the manual entry option.
17-10-2016, 22:16
(17-10-2016 22:12)simoncn Wrote:  There are a few possible reasons for this. The first place to look is the PlugPlayer Devices tab. In the list of UPnP servers, does MinimServer show up at all (perhaps greyed out)? If so, swipe each MinimServer line to the right and touch the Delete button. After this, touch the Refresh button and wait 15 to 20 minutes.

You should ignore the manual entry option.

When I first setup the new QNAP the 'old' minimserver entries were in the Plugplayer list but I deleted them (over a week ago). Despite phone restarts, router restarts, NAS restarts it has not appeared - sorry.

Next?

Dave
17-10-2016, 22:28
Simon,

I have just been into the Advanced settings tab of Plugplayer and noticed the device discovery was turned OFF Huh. Turned it on and immediate appearance of Minimserver! Not sure when or how this happened but all sorted now Big Grin. Thanks.

Dave