Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which version to download for QNAP HS210
23-09-2016, 12:51
Which version to download for QNAP HS210
Hi,
I got a warning that I need to update to version 0.8.4. As usual this is only available for manual install in the QNAP App center (not your fault, I know, but MAN it is annoying).

This causes a few questions:
- Which version am I supposed to download for QNAP HS-210?
- Do I need to uninstall Minimserver 0.8.3 first?
- Is there anything else I should know (please explain in simple language)?

Thanks, Per.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
23-09-2016, 15:23
RE: Which version to download for QNAP HS210
The instructions for updating MinimServer on a QNAP NAS are in this section. Does the MinimServer icon in your My Apps list have an Update button?
23-09-2016, 15:57
Usually it does - but not at the moment - also 0.8.4 is not listed in the Entertainment Apps section - there´s no apparant way to update...

Same problem for MinimServer and MinimWatch (0.8.3 Windows) - the update button is greyed out - can´t use it...
23-09-2016, 16:47
The MinimServer icon in My Apps does not have an update button. I can find the new version by browsing manually in the qnap.com app center. However, that is when it gives me the download options X86, ARM, TS-X28, TS-X31 (in 5 variants), TS-X35 and TAS-X68.

That particular aspect is not mentioned in your QNAP NAS update guide, which is why I posted here in the first place :-)
23-09-2016, 18:33
I've just updated the firmware for my ts-210 and now the 0.8.4 is listed in the entertainment section...

But minimserver 0.8.4 download (windows) is being blocked by Norton - just for your information.....
23-09-2016, 20:03
(23-09-2016 18:33)Gussy Wrote:  I've just updated the firmware for my ts-210 and now the 0.8.4 is listed in the entertainment section...

Thanks for letting me know that this was the reason for the problem.

Quote:But minimserver 0.8.4 download (windows) is being blocked by Norton - just for your information.....

This happens quite frequently and is the main reason why I gave up on Norton a few years ago. Could you contact Norton and let them know?
23-09-2016, 20:13
(23-09-2016 16:47)pped Wrote:  The MinimServer icon in My Apps does not have an update button. I can find the new version by browsing manually in the qnap.com app center. However, that is when it gives me the download options X86, ARM, TS-X28, TS-X31 (in 5 variants), TS-X35 and TAS-X68.

That particular aspect is not mentioned in your QNAP NAS update guide, which is why I posted here in the first place :-)

The best way to find the correct version for your NAS model is to go to this page and select your NAS model, then click on the MinimServer icon. If you have chosen the HS-210, the Download page for MinimServer will have ARM preselected.

Alternatively, you could update to the latest QNAP firmware and this should enable you to do the update directly from the App Center on the NAS (as Gussy has posted).

I will add something to the QNAP installation instructions explaining this.
23-09-2016, 20:18
(23-09-2016 15:57)Gussy Wrote:  Same problem for MinimServer and MinimWatch (0.8.3 Windows) - the update button is greyed out - can´t use it...

On Windows, you need to download 0.8.4 from this page. I'm not sure which update button you are seeing as greyed out.
23-09-2016, 21:14 (This post was last modified: 23-09-2016 21:20 by Gussy.)
When I right-click on the minimserver icon in the system tray (very bottom right hand corner) and then click "about" you get a small window which usually has an update button - but now the "show updates" button is greyed out...

No worries I´ve got 0.8.4 from qnap.com - everything seems fine!

Also, when you update the qnap firmware (now 4.2.2) - you get JRE_Arm 8.65.0

Cheers!
23-09-2016, 21:31
(23-09-2016 21:14)Gussy Wrote:  When I right-click on the minimserver icon in the system tray (very bottom right hand corner) and then click "about" you get a small window which usually has an update button - but now the "show updates" button is greyed out...

No worries I´ve got 0.8.4 from qnap.com - everything seems fine!

Also, when you update the qnap firmware (now 4.2.2) - you get JRE_Arm 8.65.0

Cheers!

Thanks for clarifying this.

If you are running MinimServer or MinimWatch 0.8.3, the 'Show updates' button is greyed out because you need to install 0.8.4 to get further updates. There should be a red message in the About window explaining this.