Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moon MiND playlists don't play
18-09-2016, 16:50
RE: Moon MiND playlists don't play
(18-09-2016 16:43)simoncn Wrote:  
(18-09-2016 10:49)Michael Kay Wrote:  Thanks Simon - I've attached the saved file
Regards,
Michael

I don't see any attachment to your post.

I thought it might not have attached. Is that because it had no extension? I've added .txt just in case. Perhaps all technology has to be a pain in the neck.

PS Ok that didn't attach either. I clicked on 'New Attachment, choose file, selected file, clicked add attachment. Nothing attaches, am I doing something wrong? Or does nothing work nowadays?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
18-09-2016, 21:03
(18-09-2016 16:50)Michael Kay Wrote:  I thought it might not have attached. Is that because it had no extension? I've added .txt just in case. Perhaps all technology has to be a pain in the neck.

PS Ok that didn't attach either. I clicked on 'New Attachment, choose file, selected file, clicked add attachment. Nothing attaches, am I doing something wrong? Or does nothing work nowadays?

I am attaching a test file with .txt extension to this reply to see if it works.

Attached File(s)
.txt  testfile.txt (Size: 28 bytes / Downloads: 2)
18-09-2016, 21:56
(18-09-2016 21:03)simoncn Wrote:  
(18-09-2016 16:50)Michael Kay Wrote:  I thought it might not have attached. Is that because it had no extension? I've added .txt just in case. Perhaps all technology has to be a pain in the neck.

I am attaching a test file with .txt extension to this reply to see if it works.

Hi Simon - yes that works, but nothing attaches when I do it. I'll try again.
18-09-2016, 22:15
(18-09-2016 21:56)Michael Kay Wrote:  Hi Simon - yes that works, but nothing attaches when I do it. I'll try again.

Is the file perhaps too large to attach? If you did what I suggested, the file should be quite small. If this isn't the reason, you could try using a different browser.
18-09-2016, 22:38
(18-09-2016 22:15)simoncn Wrote:  
(18-09-2016 21:56)Michael Kay Wrote:  Hi Simon - yes that works, but nothing attaches when I do it. I'll try again.

Is the file perhaps too large to attach? If you did what I suggested, the file should be quite small. If this isn't the reason, you could try using a different browser.

The file is 517KB - so tiny. I only have this browser which has uploaded the previous attachments without issue. I am tech savvy but I've no idea why it won't upload. It's typical of life today in this digital world. [I have a 79 year old camera which works perfectly, but my 7 year old digital one died last year ....]. All this should be easy and it should work (sorry if I'm sounding fed up with it). I'll try again ....

Arr - an error message telling me the maximum file size for attachments of that type is 200 kb (why????) lets change it to a jpeg even though it is not and try again ...

Error message:
Please correct the following errors before continuing:
The file you attached is too large. The maximum size for that type of file is 500 kilobytes. Dear oh dear - why 500kb, this is really getting past annoying now.
19-09-2016, 08:48
Please zip the file and attach the zipped version. This will be much smaller and well within the size limit.
19-09-2016, 10:26
(19-09-2016 08:48)simoncn Wrote:  Please zip the file and attach the zipped version. This will be much smaller and well within the size limit.

Thanks - here is the zipped version from the txt file:

.zip  file.txt.zip (Size: 69.17 KB / Downloads: 2)
19-09-2016, 12:11
(19-09-2016 10:26)Michael Kay Wrote:  Thanks - here is the zipped version from the txt file:

Thanks for this. It shows that the control point has browsed the MinimServer top-level menu and the full contents of the '675 albums' list. There is no other activity and the server did not return any errors to the control point.
19-09-2016, 12:45
(19-09-2016 12:11)simoncn Wrote:  
(19-09-2016 10:26)Michael Kay Wrote:  Thanks - here is the zipped version from the txt file:

Thanks for this. It shows that the control point has browsed the MinimServer top-level menu and the full contents of the '675 albums' list. There is no other activity and the server did not return any errors to the control point.

OK well thanks for that, but what do I do next to get it to play the playlists, which it still chooses not to play?

Regards,

Michael
19-09-2016, 13:29
(19-09-2016 12:45)Michael Kay Wrote:  OK well thanks for that, but what do I do next to get it to play the playlists, which it still chooses not to play?

You would need to ask the Moon MiND app developers about that. There is no indication of any problem on the MinimServer side.