Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Install on Buffalo Linkstation NAS
27-01-2012, 00:36
Install on Buffalo Linkstation NAS
Hi Simon.
Saw your post on the Linn Forum and thought MinimServer looked interesting and wanted to try it. I have a Buffalo Linkstation Live NAS (ARM 5???) currently running Twonky. My Linux knowledge is limited so be gentle with me!

Here is what I have done…
1. Downloaded MinimServer LinuxARM, extracted and copied to the share directory for simplicity.
2. Downloaded java (ejre-1_6_0_30-fcs-b12-linux-arm-sflt-eabi-headless-10_nov_2011.tar.gz), extracted and copied to the share directory for simplicity.
3. Logged in as root.
4. Changed to the MinimServer/data directory
5. Executed command # ../../jre/bin/java -jar ../lib/minimserver.jar

I don't know if this is all correct (do I have to do anything to install java?) but I got the following result…

MinimServer 0.10, Copyright © 2012 Simon Nash. All rights reserved.
starting MinimServer
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /mnt/disk1/share/minimserver-0.10/lib/libohNet.so: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `CXXABI_ARM_1.3.3' not found (required by /mnt/disk1/share/minimserver-0.10/lib/libohNet.so)
at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(ClassLoader.java:1807)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1716)

Any advice most welcome…
Thanks
Dave
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
27-01-2012, 01:08
RE: Install on Buffalo Linkstation NAS
Hi Dave,
It looks like you need to install the C++ runtime library which is needed by libohNet.so. I had overlooked the need for this installation step because I already had this library installed on my test system. If you're using Debian Linux and logged in as root, you should be able to run the command
apt-get install libstdc++6

If this works, you should end up with the file
/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabi/libstdc++.so.6
on your system (this is what I have on mine).

Simon
27-01-2012, 10:09 (This post was last modified: 27-01-2012 10:12 by entdgc.)
Simon, thanks for the support.

As you can tell I am on the limit of my Unix knowledge!
I have tried your suggestion with the following result...

> apt-get install libstdc++6
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
W: Couldn't stat source package list http://172.16.37.216 buffalo-marvell-armel-sdk2p0/main Packages (/usr/local/apt/var/lists/172.16.37.216:8080_update_terastation%5fx_dists_buffalo-marvell-armel-sdk2p0_main_binary-arm_Packages) - stat (2 No such file or directory)
W: You may want to run apt-get update to correct these problems
E: Couldn't find package libstdc++6
>

Does this imply the required library is not available for my NAS? Is there another way to get he library. Sorry to be a pain...

Dave
27-01-2012, 18:55
(27-01-2012 10:09)entdgc Wrote:  Simon, thanks for the support.

As you can tell I am on the limit of my Unix knowledge!
I have tried your suggestion with the following result...

> apt-get install libstdc++6
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
W: Couldn't stat source package list http://172.16.37.216 buffalo-marvell-armel-sdk2p0/main Packages (/usr/local/apt/var/lists/172.16.37.216:8080_update_terastation%5fx_dists_buffalo-marvell-armel-sdk2p0_main_binary-arm_Packages) - stat (2 No such file or directory)
W: You may want to run apt-get update to correct these problems
E: Couldn't find package libstdc++6
>

Does this imply the required library is not available for my NAS? Is there another way to get he library. Sorry to be a pain...

Dave

Have you tried running apt-get update as suggested in the messages? I've had strange errors sometimes (though not this one) which were solved by running apt-get update.

However I should warn you that my Linux expertise isn't very extensive, so you might want to get a second opinion before doing this. Could you ask on a Buffalo forum 1) whether anyone else has successfully installed the libstdc++ package on a Linkstation and 2) whether it's safe to run apt-get update on a Linkstation.
27-01-2012, 19:23
Simon,

Yes I did try it...

# apt-get update
E: Archive directory /usr/local/apt/cache/archives/partial is missing.

I am busy googling as I speak and will try Buffalo forum later. I will keep you informed.
Might try a W7 instal later but on your linn thread there are a few comments about problems with this.

Dave
27-01-2012, 19:45
(27-01-2012 19:23)entdgc Wrote:  Simon,

Yes I did try it...

# apt-get update
E: Archive directory /usr/local/apt/cache/archives/partial is missing.

I am busy googling as I speak and will try Buffalo forum later. I will keep you informed.
Might try a W7 instal later but on your linn thread there are a few comments about problems with this.

Dave

I hope you can find an answer to the problem with libstdc++ and Buffalo. It sounds like the Buffalo Linux install has some problems in this area. I'm running on a SheevaPlug with USB-attached HDD, and I haven't had any problems with apt-get install and apt-get update.

I think I know what's causing the Windows problems and I'll be responding to the posts on the Linn thread very soon. I'm planning to release an updated Windows installer to correct this, hopefully later this evening.
27-01-2012, 22:04
(27-01-2012 19:45)simoncn Wrote:  I think I know what's causing the Windows problems and I'll be responding to the posts on the Linn thread very soon. I'm planning to release an updated Windows installer to correct this, hopefully later this evening.

The updated Windows installer is available now from the Downloads page with the filename MinimServer-0.10-install2.exe.
22-02-2013, 11:56 (This post was last modified: 22-02-2013 11:56 by wappinghigh.)
(27-01-2012 22:04)simoncn Wrote:  
(27-01-2012 19:45)simoncn Wrote:  I think I know what's causing the Windows problems and I'll be responding to the posts on the Linn thread very soon. I'm planning to release an updated Windows installer to correct this, hopefully later this evening.

The updated Windows installer is available now from the Downloads page with the filename MinimServer-0.10-install2.exe.

I've got an old Buffalo Linkstation Duo. Simon, are you saying I could easily get Minimserver up and running on this now?..Or am I better off just getting one of the smaller Netgear's or QNAP's? Cheers
22-02-2013, 13:10
(22-02-2013 11:56)wappinghigh Wrote:  I've got an old Buffalo Linkstation Duo. Simon, are you saying I could easily get Minimserver up and running on this now?..Or am I better off just getting one of the smaller Netgear's or QNAP's? Cheers

If you're familiar with Linux, you should be able to install the Linux ARM version of MinimServer on the LinkStation Duo. If you're not familiar with Linux, you'd be better off with the installable MinimServer package for QNAP, Synology or ReadyNAS.