Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MinimServer support for NETGEAR ReadyNAS
12-02-2013, 15:58
RE: MinimServer support for NETGEAR ReadyNAS
(12-02-2013 15:50)bbrip Wrote:  Hi Simon,

just tried that and get the same error (noticed that the time stamp of the bin file has not changed compared ot the earlier one - maybe its not yet updated ??)

I did not reinstall the EJRE package though, as Java is already running fine on the NAS.

bbrip

More haste, less speed: I uploaded the wrong file. The right one is there now.

You will need to install EJRE because it puts Java in a specific location that the MinimServer package uses. If Java isn't in the right place, you won't be able to start MinimServer.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-02-2013, 16:00
(12-02-2013 15:56)bbrip Wrote:  I have stopped my previous (manual) install of Minim 0.63 but not deleted it. I assume that is no problem from the guidelines on your webpage?

If your manual install is stopped, it won't interfere with the new add-on installation. However, you won't get your previous configuration settings and cache files when you start the new add-on package.
12-02-2013, 16:45
ok, all up and running now. No problem about the config. I've deleted the manual install off the NAS and reset config files on the new one.

Great that Minim now autostarts when I reboot the ReadyNAS Smile

Thanks again
13-02-2013, 19:56
Hi Simon, thanks for doing this. I have just installed it on my ReadyNAS Duo v2 and happy to report it is working fine. I couldn't use the wav24 transcoding option when I had it on my laptop as I was getting drop outs. I have enabled this option on the NAS and it sounds fantastic. At first I thought I was imagining it, but I have just played the same song back to back with one coming through the laptop and one through the NAS (both the same file). I can definitely hear a difference. Thanks again, Bill.
16-02-2013, 20:36
Hello Simon and thank you very much !!!!! for this addon. Twonky gone with the wind...
I'm a new user of MinimServer on Netgear ReadyNAS Pro 6 and... I've got some questions about configuration. I would like my music library to be shown like this:
ArtistAlbum (It works)
year of release and album name (there is only album name in main view and I do not know how to change it)
number of the track and the track name (there is only track name).
Any suggestions?

It will be the only view I'm planning to use. Thanks for the answer Smile
16-02-2013, 20:38
Continuing my previous post I don't want to see in every view number of albums, number od items, date and genre. What is for?
17-02-2013, 08:06
(16-02-2013 20:36)DJ1972 Wrote:  Hello Simon and thank you very much !!!!! for this addon. Twonky gone with the wind...
I'm a new user of MinimServer on Netgear ReadyNAS Pro 6 and... I've got some questions about configuration. I would like my music library to be shown like this:
ArtistAlbum (It works)
year of release and album name (there is only album name in main view and I do not know how to change it)
number of the track and the track name (there is only track name).
Any suggestions?

It will be the only view I'm planning to use. Thanks for the answer Smile

The next release will allow you to do this by specifying custom format strings for how these entries are displayed.
17-02-2013, 08:19
(16-02-2013 20:38)DJ1972 Wrote:  Continuing my previous post I don't want to see in every view number of albums, number od items, date and genre. What is for?

These index choices are useful to some people for navigating large collections. If you dont want to see them, you can make some changes to your configuration settings:

1) Install MinimWatch on another computer

2) From the minim icon, select 'Properties'

3) In the indexTags property, remove the tags you don't want to see in the index, such as Date and Genre.

4) In the listViewAlbums property, set a large number such as 9999.

5) After making these changes, press OK

6) From the minim icon, select 'Restart'
17-02-2013, 12:20
Simon, thank you very much. I would like all albums to be sort by the date of release and not by alphabetical order. How to set it up?
17-02-2013, 15:51
(17-02-2013 12:20)DJ1972 Wrote:  Simon, thank you very much. I would like all albums to be sort by the date of release and not by alphabetical order. How to set it up?

You need to change the albumSortTags property. The default value is 'Album, Artist'. Try changing this to 'Date, Album, Artist". See this section for more information on how to set this property.