Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Play through album
23-04-2016, 12:08
Play through album
Hi, I've ripped George Harrison's All Things Must Pass. Disc one plays through fine with Minimserver. Disc two for some reason stops at the end of every track. How do I get it to play through?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
23-04-2016, 12:34
RE: Play through album
(23-04-2016 12:08)Sleepingbee Wrote:  Hi, I've ripped George Harrison's All Things Must Pass. Disc one plays through fine with Minimserver. Disc two for some reason stops at the end of every track. How do I get it to play through?

This is usually caused by a compatibility issue between the control point and the renderer. I don't know why it would happen for one disc but not the other. Can you try a different control point and/or renderer?
26-04-2016, 16:54
(23-04-2016 12:34)simoncn Wrote:  
(23-04-2016 12:08)Sleepingbee Wrote:  Hi, I've ripped George Harrison's All Things Must Pass. Disc one plays through fine with Minimserver. Disc two for some reason stops at the end of every track. How do I get it to play through?

This is usually caused by a compatibility issue between the control point and the renderer. I don't know why it would happen for one disc but not the other. Can you try a different control point and/or renderer?

I'm not familiar with what you mean by control point and renderer? Each track on Disc two seems to have its own identity, i.e., the album cover appears beside each track. On Disc one, the album is shown at the side on the left, and all the tracks are in a list on the right
[/quote]
26-04-2016, 19:48
(26-04-2016 16:54)Sleepingbee Wrote:  I'm not familiar with what you mean by control point and renderer? Each track on Disc two seems to have its own identity, i.e., the album cover appears beside each track. On Disc one, the album is shown at the side on the left, and all the tracks are in a list on the right

It sounds like there is a taggng problem with the second disc. Are the tracks all in the same folder? Do the tracks all have identical ALBUM tags? identical DISCNUMBER tags? identical ARTIST and ALBUMARTIST tags? The tagging problem is probably causing MinimServer not to group these tracks together as a single album. You can use a tagging program such as Mp3tag or Metadatics to check the tags.

What control point and renderer are you using? The control point is what you use to browse and select music. The renderer is what you use to play the digital files and produce audio sounds.
27-04-2016, 10:13
Hi, my control point is an iPad running OS 3.9.1. My renderer is a NAIM UNITI
27-04-2016, 10:53 (This post was last modified: 27-04-2016 11:08 by Peter StreamMagic.)
(27-04-2016 10:13)Sleepingbee Wrote:  Hi, my control point is an iPad running OS 3.9.1. My renderer is a NAIM UNITI
Probably OS 9.3.1
Are you using the Naim app or something else (e.g. PlugPlayer,MConnect)?