Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEW with MinimServer and LUMIN
21-04-2016, 17:08

Hallo,

I have a Synology DS214play. (intel 32bit soft. version)
Java 8 is installled in the NAS "homepage" from the Synology "menu" on my Apple Macbookpro.
now I need to install the MinimServer on the Nas too via Synology hmepage and later the MinimWacht on the Macbookpro.

this is the correct way ?

sorry...i think a lot of others members have "placed" the same question but is not so easyBig Grin , well for me......

before intstall on the Nas (MinimServer) of before (MinimWacht) on the Mac? is the same of is important install before into the Nas and later into the Mac?

and than???

Huh

Thank you very much!!!!
greetings from Switzerland
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
21-04-2016, 19:40
RE: NEW with MinimServer and LUMIN
You should start by installing MinimServer on the NAS (see this section). After that, you should install MinimWatch on the Mac (see this page).
22-04-2016, 17:38
(21-04-2016 19:40)simoncn Wrote:  You should start by installing MinimServer on the NAS (see this section). After that, you should install MinimWatch on the Mac (see this page).

Thank you for reply.

for a Synology DS214play is this one ?
Synology x86: MinimServer-0.8.3.4-x86.spk

i go in the Nas homepage in my mac -> paquet center and manual installing: unzip the flie "package.tgz" but is nothing inside that can be installed!

where where am I wrong?
thank you in advance
22-04-2016, 20:23
Which version of DSM (e.g., 6.0 or 5.2) are you runnng?
22-04-2016, 23:37
(22-04-2016 20:23)simoncn Wrote:  Which version of DSM (e.g., 6.0 or 5.2) are you runnng?

I running DSM 6 (7321)
23-04-2016, 00:33
(22-04-2016 23:37)style Wrote:  I running DSM 6 (7321)

The MinimServer-0.8.3.4-x86.spk package is correct for DSM 6.0 on this NAS.

The manual install dialog in Package Center will accept the downloaded .spk file and you shouldn't attempt to unpack it yourself. If you are seeing a file named package.tgz, you have done something wrong.
23-04-2016, 08:54
(23-04-2016 00:33)simoncn Wrote:  
(22-04-2016 23:37)style Wrote:  I running DSM 6 (7321)

The MinimServer-0.8.3.4-x86.spk package is correct for DSM 6.0 on this NAS.

The manual install dialog in Package Center will accept the downloaded .spk file and you shouldn't attempt to unpack it yourself. If you are seeing a file named package.tgz, you have done something wrong.

file downloaded: is a zip file -> unzip yourself?
in the NAS home page i go to paqet center: manual install -> package.tgz is to a "zip" file and with NAS paqet center dont run!!

before install in the NAS and after MinimWacht in the Apple???

thank again
23-04-2016, 09:11 (This post was last modified: 23-04-2016 09:12 by simoncn.)
(23-04-2016 08:54)style Wrote:  file downloaded: is a zip file -> unzip yourself?
in the NAS home page i go to paqet center: manual install -> package.tgz is to a "zip" file and with NAS paqet center dont run!!

thank again

The first step is to get the .spk file installed on the Synology. You need to download the .spk file without unzipping it. Which browser are you using to do the download?
23-04-2016, 10:18
(23-04-2016 09:11)simoncn Wrote:  
(23-04-2016 08:54)style Wrote:  file downloaded: is a zip file -> unzip yourself?

thank again

The first step is to get the .spk file installed on the Synology. You need to download the .spk file without unzipping it. Which browser are you using to do the download?

ok...at first on the Synology. .-> mozilla /firefox
file downloaded but when i go in the NAS home page "central paquet" I go "manual installation" -> uploads a package -> i select the unzip : This package does not contain a digital signature!
23-04-2016, 10:32
(23-04-2016 10:18)style Wrote:  ok...at first on the Synology. .-> mozilla /firefox
file downloaded but when i go in the NAS home page "central paquet" I go "manual installation" -> uploads a package -> i select the unzip : This package does not contain a digital signature!

There are full instructions in this section. As it says in step 3, you need to set the Trust Level to 'Any publisher'.