Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UPnP search on 'Album Artist' ?
09-04-2016, 23:32
UPnP search on 'Album Artist' ?
I'm developing a Qt5 open-home control point. As part of this, I want to be able to search for tracks in the media server – i.e. minimserver. To obtain the search capabilities of the server, I send a GetSearchCapabilities request. Minimserver responds with:
Code:
upnp:class,dc:title,dc:creator,upnp:artist,upnp:album,upnp:genre,dc:date,@refID,​upnp:artist[@role="Composer"],upnp:artist[@role="AlbumArtist"]

When searching for tracks I use all the returned capabilities. If I want to search for 'abba' I send the following XML to minim:

Code:
<s:Envelope xmlns:s="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" s:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/">
<s:Body>
<u:Search xmlns:u="urn:schemas-upnp-org:service:ContentDirectory:1">
<ContainerID>0</ContainerID>
<SearchCriteria>(upnp:class = &quot;object.item.audioItem.musicTrack&quot; and (dc:title contains &quot;abba&quot; or dc:creator contains &quot;abba&quot; or upnp:artist contains &quot;abba&quot; or upnp:album contains &quot;abba&quot; or upnp:artist[@role=&quot;Composer&quot;] contains &quot;abba&quot; or upnp:artist[@role=&quot;AlbumArtist&quot;] contains &quot;abba&quot;))</SearchCriteria>
<Filter>*</Filter>
<SortCriteria></SortCriteria>
<StartingIndex>0</StartingIndex>
<RequestedCount>100</RequestedCount>
</u:Search></s:Body>
</s:Envelope>

This causes mimim server to fail, with an error logged as:

Code:
MinimServer: exception while processing action request: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 8 (see crash file for stack trace)

If I omit all the search capabilities that contain '[' (e.g. upnp:artist[@role=&quot;AlbumArtist&quot;] ) then the search succeeds. However, doing so means I cannot search on 'Album Artist'

How can I perform a search of tracks with a certain 'Album Artist' ?

I've attached the crash file - but I'm not sure it's of any real use.

Attached File(s)
.log  minimserver-crash-20160409-232315.log (Size: 6.89 KB / Downloads: 2)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-04-2016, 14:00
RE: UPnP search on 'Album Artist' ?
Thanks for letting me know about this. I understand what's causing the problem and I am working on a fix.
18-04-2016, 22:22
(11-04-2016 14:00)simoncn Wrote:  Thanks for letting me know about this. I understand what's causing the problem and I am working on a fix.

This error is now fixed in update 81. Thanks very much for your help with finding this problem.
19-04-2016, 22:16
Works perfectly now! Thanks for the very quick fix :-)