Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
minimserver file scan
11-01-2016, 01:52
minimserver file scan
I have my minimsever set to scan my QNAP's HS-251+ /public/Multimedia folder for music files. If I create a Music folder within the Multimedia folder and then add my various music folders containing my music such as iTunes folder, DSD folder, AIFF folder, etc to the music folder, will minimserver find my music, or do I have to put all my music files in the Multimedia folder itself?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-01-2016, 02:58
RE: minimserver file scan
Minimserver will scan all subfolders within the main folder you have specified. Move your various folders under the multimedia folder and relax.
11-01-2016, 03:20
(11-01-2016 02:58)antonmb Wrote:  Minimserver will scan all subfolders within the main folder you have specified. Move your various folders under the multimedia folder and relax.

So relaxed as I write this. Sleepy So, are you saying I have to move my individual subfolders containing my DSD, AIFF, etc, out of the Music director and up one level to the Multimedia Folder?
11-01-2016, 16:00
(11-01-2016 03:20)bluemark81 Wrote:  So relaxed as I write this. Sleepy So, are you saying I have to move my individual subfolders containing my DSD, AIFF, etc, out of the Music director and up one level to the Multimedia Folder?

MinimServer scans the folder subtree to any depth, so you don't need to move anything.
12-01-2016, 01:30 (This post was last modified: 12-01-2016 01:32 by bluemark81.)
(11-01-2016 16:00)simoncn Wrote:  
(11-01-2016 03:20)bluemark81 Wrote:  So relaxed as I write this. Sleepy So, are you saying I have to move my individual subfolders containing my DSD, AIFF, etc, out of the Music director and up one level to the Multimedia Folder?

MinimServer scans the folder subtree to any depth, so you don't need to move anything.

Thanks, how does minimserver treat duplicates?
12-01-2016, 03:24

I've just taken the same iTunes folder and moved it to two different locations:

1. /share/Multimedia/Music/iTunes = no playback and no album art
2. /share/Multimedia/iTunes = playback with album art
12-01-2016, 03:31
(12-01-2016 03:24)bluemark81 Wrote:  

I've just taken the same iTunes folder and moved it to two different locations:

1. /share/Multimedia/Music/iTunes = no playback and no album art
2. /share/Multimedia/iTunes = playback with album art

Sorry, was forgetting to rescan.
12-01-2016, 03:51
A new item of interest: I rescanned my library with my iTunes in my music folder and all works fine, however, on my control app, al my music is duplicated. I tried emptying my trash to ensure no ghost copies remained and rescanned, but I get the same duplication. Could this be because my NAS is mirrored?
12-01-2016, 04:18
(12-01-2016 03:51)bluemark81 Wrote:  A new item of interest: I rescanned my library with my iTunes in my music folder and all works fine, however, on my control app, al my music is duplicated. I tried emptying my trash to ensure no ghost copies remained and rescanned, but I get the same duplication. Could this be because my NAS is mirrored?

Figured this out too: There was a copy of my iTunes folder in the @Recycle folder within Multimedia. I'm guessing anything that is deleted is placed there?