GETTING STARTED
26-10-2015, 00:42
RE: GETTING STARTED
The scanning completed and it seems to be working! I have a My Book World
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
26-10-2015, 10:17
(26-10-2015 00:42)sgoldfin Wrote:  The scanning completed and it seems to be working! I have a My Book World

I don't think the My Book World is capable of running MinimServer.

You will get faster scans if you enter a specific directory instead of a drive letter (assuming that the drive contains other directories and files). What exactly did you type when you tried to do this?

By default, MinimServer scans all content directories each time it is started. For a faster startup, you can disable this scan by setting the startupScan property to false.
26-10-2015, 20:59
Whats the difference between restart and rescan?
27-10-2015, 00:16
(26-10-2015 20:59)sgoldfin Wrote:  Whats the difference between restart and rescan?

Rescan reads your library to see what has changed. Restart doesn't do this,
27-10-2015, 01:36
Hi

I am new to Minimserver and have a couple of questions. I have looked in other categories on this site and have not found answers, although I am sure they are somewhere to be found, so please excuse any redundancy.

I prefer the (n)Albums view but would like to have the albums sorted by artist rather than alphabetical title. I thought I understood how to do this but it is not working. Perhaps you could advise on best way to accomplish this.

I am using a Naim streamer and the Naim app. If I use the UPNP compatibility mode, it finds Minimserver right away. But if I am using the full featured version, it can take a little while to find it and I often have to close and re-open the app to get it to look. Any suggestions for getting the Naim app to discover Minimserver more reliably?

Thanks for the help.
27-10-2015, 10:01
(27-10-2015 01:36)rockerz Wrote:  Hi

I am new to Minimserver and have a couple of questions. I have looked in other categories on this site and have not found answers, although I am sure they are somewhere to be found, so please excuse any redundancy.

Welcome to the MinimServer forum!

Quote:I prefer the (n)Albums view but would like to have the albums sorted by artist rather than alphabetical title. I thought I understood how to do this but it is not working. Perhaps you could advise on best way to accomplish this.

To make this work with the Naim app, you need to disable the A-Z setting in the Naim app. With A-Z enabled, the Naim app overrides the list sort order sent by MinimServer and forces an alphabetical sort order.

Quote:I am using a Naim streamer and the Naim app. If I use the UPNP compatibility mode, it finds Minimserver right away. But if I am using the full featured version, it can take a little while to find it and I often have to close and re-open the app to get it to look. Any suggestions for getting the Naim app to discover Minimserver more reliably?

Thanks for the help.

This is caused by multicast discovery issues with your wireless network. If there is a setting in your router to disable IGMP snooping, doing this should help. Which router do you have?
27-10-2015, 15:28
(27-10-2015 10:01)simoncn Wrote:  
(27-10-2015 01:36)rockerz Wrote:  Hi

Welcome to the MinimServer forum!

Quote:I prefer the (n)Albums view but would like to have the albums sorted by artist rather than alphabetical title. I thought I understood how to do this but it is not working. Perhaps you could advise on best way to accomplish this.

To make this work with the Naim app, you need to disable the A-Z setting in the Naim app. With A-Z enabled, the Naim app overrides the list sort order sent by MinimServer and forces an alphabetical sort order.

Quote:I am using a Naim streamer and the Naim app. If I use the UPNP compatibility mode, it finds Minimserver right away. But if I am using the full featured version, it can take a little while to find it and I often have to close and re-open the app to get it to look. Any suggestions for getting the Naim app to discover Minimserver more reliably?

Thanks for the help.

This is caused by multicast discovery issues with your wireless network. If there is a setting in your router to disable IGMP snooping, doing this should help. Which router do you have?

I am using a TP-Link Archer C8
27-10-2015, 22:35 (This post was last modified: 27-10-2015 22:38 by simoncn.)
(27-10-2015 15:28)rockerz Wrote:  I am using a TP-Link Archer C8

I checked the online user manual for this router and I didn't see any setting to disable IGMP snooping. If closing and reopening the Naim app fixes the problem until your mobile device goes into sleep mode, this confirms that the problem is related to IGMP snooping in the router. Sleeping the mobile device would cause IGMP snooping to drop the device from the multicast group. Reopening the app would reestablish multicast group membership.
28-10-2015, 01:28
I disabled IGMP proxy. Is that the same?
28-10-2015, 10:06
(28-10-2015 01:28)rockerz Wrote:  I disabled IGMP proxy. Is that the same?

No, it isn't. I would not expect this to make any difference.