Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
minimserver disappeared / red icon in minimwatch
10-10-2015, 19:49 (This post was last modified: 10-10-2015 19:50 by tarnkappe.)
minimserver disappeared / red icon in minimwatch
Hi Simon,

today I freshly started up my Synology NAS DS213+ and started minimserver manually (I always stop it if I do not use it because I set it to debug logging as it did crash some months ago two times). After starting, it did show up in the naim app (connected to a uniti 1) (on iOS as well as Android). Then I also started BubbleUPnP to use the UPnP search function to search for the text "5". After this I switched back to the naim iOS app and since then minimserver was gone.

Also BubbleUPnP server that is running on the same NAS does not see minimserver anymore, so it will not be an IGMP issue I guess.

minimwatch displays a red icon "exception while processing action request: java".

I have a backup of the minimserver.log (15MB uncompressed). If you are interested I can send it to you (upload or per e-mail?) (it vanished around 20:20 'o clock). I have not yet touched/restarted minimserver, so if you want me to test something and can respond in the next approx. 30 minutes, I could take a look at it.

Greetings
Gert
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-10-2015, 22:20
RE: minimserver disappeared / red icon in minimwatch
(10-10-2015 19:49)tarnkappe Wrote:  Hi Simon,

today I freshly started up my Synology NAS DS213+ and started minimserver manually (I always stop it if I do not use it because I set it to debug logging as it did crash some months ago two times). After starting, it did show up in the naim app (connected to a uniti 1) (on iOS as well as Android). Then I also started BubbleUPnP to use the UPnP search function to search for the text "5". After this I switched back to the naim iOS app and since then minimserver was gone.

Also BubbleUPnP server that is running on the same NAS does not see minimserver anymore, so it will not be an IGMP issue I guess.

minimwatch displays a red icon "exception while processing action request: java".

I have a backup of the minimserver.log (15MB uncompressed). If you are interested I can send it to you (upload or per e-mail?) (it vanished around 20:20 'o clock). I have not yet touched/restarted minimserver, so if you want me to test something and can respond in the next approx. 30 minutes, I could take a look at it.

Greetings
Gert

Please copy the minimserver.log file before starting MinimServer again. This prevents the log data being overwritten. The best way to get the file to me is to zip it or gzip it and upload the zipped file to my FTP server. I will PM you the server details now. Many thanks!
10-10-2015, 22:47
I have uploaded the log file to gert/minimserver.log.2.bz2
11-10-2015, 22:46
(10-10-2015 22:47)tarnkappe Wrote:  I have uploaded the log file to gert/minimserver.log.2.bz2

Thanks for this. The log is very helpful and I am investigating the cause of the problem.

It looks like the problem was triggered by doing a UPnP Search for the string "5". If you do this search again now, do you get the same crash?
12-10-2015, 06:30
Searching for "5" again makes minimserver unresponsive again, yes. Astonishing that a track that was playing while I have tried this, kept playing until the complete end.
15-10-2015, 12:59
(12-10-2015 06:30)tarnkappe Wrote:  Searching for "5" again makes minimserver unresponsive again, yes. Astonishing that a track that was playing while I have tried this, kept playing until the complete end.

This problem is now fixed in update 69. Many thanks for all your help with tracking down the cause of the problem.