Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alphabet grouping for All Artists view
06-09-2015, 20:19
Alphabet grouping for All Artists view
Just noticed with Linn Kazoo, when I select the Artists view, I get an alphabet at the side, but I do not with All Artists. Do I need to enable somehow?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-09-2015, 20:44
RE: Alphabet grouping for All Artists view
Hmm, works with Kinsky. Kazoo bug?
06-09-2015, 21:42
(06-09-2015 20:44)ac16161 Wrote:  Hmm, works with Kinsky. Kazoo bug?

I believe this can happen with Kazoo if the list is not sorted in strict alphabetical order. Can you see anything in the list that looks like it isn't in strict alphabetical order?
07-09-2015, 17:56
(06-09-2015 21:42)simoncn Wrote:  
(06-09-2015 20:44)ac16161 Wrote:  Hmm, works with Kinsky. Kazoo bug?

I believe this can happen with Kazoo if the list is not sorted in strict alphabetical order. Can you see anything in the list that looks like it isn't in strict alphabetical order?

Nothing obvious stands out. I have a few artists with numbered names at the beginning (e.g. 10cc), I have some Greek artists at the end using Greek language characters. Kinksy handles the list fine for both Artists and All Artists views, Kazoo enables me to use the All Artists list but will not allow alphabet selection.
07-09-2015, 18:09
Possible lead: I removed the tagoption all.ignore.sort={The} and the alphabetical listing for All Artists came on in Kazoo. I just noticed I have some contributing artists where instead of the artist tag being "The <Artist name>" the tag is "the <Artist name>", i.e. there is no capital T in The. Could this contribute to the problem or is this coincidence? I shall investigate further.
07-09-2015, 18:22
I changed the tags for the small number of contributing artists prefixed by "the" instead of "The", and now the alphabet listing shows in Kazoo's All Artists view with the all.ignore.sort={The} option enabled. Seems that Kinsky is more robust in taking these anomalies in its stride.
07-09-2015, 20:20 (This post was last modified: 07-09-2015 20:27 by simoncn.)
(07-09-2015 18:22)ac16161 Wrote:  I changed the tags for the small number of contributing artists prefixed by "the" instead of "The", and now the alphabet listing shows in Kazoo's All Artists view with the all.ignore.sort={The} option enabled. Seems that Kinsky is more robust in taking these anomalies in its stride.

Thanks for chasing this down and posting your findings. MinimServer sorts lists with alphabetic case ignored and I would expect all programs to do the same. If Kazoo is sorting (or detecting) "the" differently from "The", this seems to be a bug in Kazoo and I suggest you report it to Linn so that they can fix it.