Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Direct Connection over WLAN to Audiostreamer
19-04-2015, 12:53
Direct Connection over WLAN to Audiostreamer
Hi together

I am the owner of a Synology 213Air (with WiFi) with a easily running minimserver. The Audiofiles are streaming over CAT 7 cables to a Router. This Router is connected over WiFi to the Audiostreamer (Auralic Aries) - because of the galvanic separation. It is my favourite method because it sounds best. The connection to the DAC is over a High End USB cable. The contollpoint is a ipad with a Auralic App called "Lighning DS"

Now I would like to bypass the network cables.

My idea is to connect the NAS direct over WiFi to the Streamer.

Anyone any idea - Can it be possible?

Thanks a lot

chris
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
19-04-2015, 16:48
RE: Direct Connection over WLAN to Audiostreamer
(19-04-2015 12:53)chris Wrote:  Hi together

I am the owner of a Synology 213Air (with WiFi) with a easily running minimserver. The Audiofiles are streaming over CAT 7 cables to a Router. This Router is connected over WiFi to the Audiostreamer (Auralic Aries) - because of the galvanic separation. It is my favourite method because it sounds best. The connection to the DAC is over a High End USB cable. The contollpoint is a ipad with a Auralic App called "Lighning DS"

Now I would like to bypass the network cables.

My idea is to connect the NAS direct over WiFi to the Streamer.

Anyone any idea - Can it be possible?

Thanks a lot

chris

You would need to set up the WiFi in the DS213air as a separate wireless network with its own SSID, running on a different channel from your main WiFi network. You can then connect the Auralic to the DS213air SSID instead of connecting it to your main WiFi network. To bridge these two networks, you can use an Ethernet cable to connect the DS213air to your router.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply