Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MinimServer and Chorus DS
25-03-2015, 14:08
MinimServer and Chorus DS
I have tried the new Chorus DSHD version for iPad. Chorus does not see MinimServer on my Raspberry Pi but does see MinimServer installed on my QNAP NAS.

On my iPhone, Chorus HD does not recognise MinimServer running on the Raspberry Pi.

What could be the solution to these problems?

Thanks, Guus
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
25-03-2015, 16:16
RE: MinimServer and Chorus DS
(25-03-2015 14:08)guussie Wrote:  I have tried the new Chorus DSHD version for iPad. Chorus does not see MinimServer on my Raspberry Pi but does see MinimServer installed on my QNAP NAS.

On my iPhone, Chorus HD does not recognise MinimServer running on the Raspberry Pi.

Thanks, Guus

It is almost certainly a network discovery issue. If you wait for 20 minutes, does the missing library appear?
25-03-2015, 22:04
(25-03-2015 16:16)simoncn Wrote:  
(25-03-2015 14:08)guussie Wrote:  I have tried the new Chorus DSHD version for iPad. Chorus does not see MinimServer on my Raspberry Pi but does see MinimServer installed on my QNAP NAS.

Thanks, Guus

It is almost certainly a network discovery issue. If you wait for 20 minutes, does the missing library appear?
On the iPad, Chorus can see the library (green icon) but there are no entries visible in the database.

Guus
25-03-2015, 22:06
(25-03-2015 22:04)guussie Wrote:  On the iPad, Chorus can see the library (green icon) but there are no entries visible in the database.

Guus

Have you contacted Chorus support about this?
25-03-2015, 22:30
(25-03-2015 22:06)simoncn Wrote:  
(25-03-2015 22:04)guussie Wrote:  On the iPad, Chorus can see the library (green icon) but there are no entries visible in the database.

Guus

Have you contacted Chorus support about this?
No, not yet. As the QNAP MinimServer works well, I thought it may have something to do with the RPi implementation of MinimServer.

I will check the log files and try to compare. Not for the next 2 weeks though, as I don't have access to the iPad for the moment.

Thanks, Guus
26-03-2015, 06:09
(25-03-2015 22:30)guussie Wrote:  No, not yet. As the QNAP MinimServer works well, I thought it may have something to do with the RPi implementation of MinimServer.

I will check the log files and try to compare. Not for the next 2 weeks though, as I don't have access to the iPad for the moment.

Thanks, Guus

There is no difference in the MinimServer and ohNet code for the Raspberry Pi. Is there any difference in how the RPi is connected to the rest of your network?
26-03-2015, 09:03
(26-03-2015 06:09)simoncn Wrote:  
(25-03-2015 22:30)guussie Wrote:  No, not yet. As the QNAP MinimServer works well, I thought it may have something to do with the RPi implementation of MinimServer.

Thanks, Guus
Is there any difference in how the RPi is connected to the rest of your network?

No, wired ethernet.
26-03-2015, 09:41 (This post was last modified: 26-03-2015 09:42 by simoncn.)
(26-03-2015 09:03)guussie Wrote:  No, wired ethernet.

Are you sure that MinimServer is running on the RPi? Can you see it with MinimWatch?

Can you use Device Spy (see this page) to check whether it can find MinimServer on the RPi? Can you try any other control points such as Kinsky?
26-03-2015, 10:16
(26-03-2015 09:41)simoncn Wrote:  

Are you sure that MinimServer is running on the RPi? Can you see it with MinimWatch?

Can you use Device Spy (see this page) to check whether it can find MinimServer on the RPi? Can you try any other control points such as Kinsky?
Hi Simon,

Kinsky and Kazoo can see and use MinimServer on the RPi. It has been running for 38 days now without fail...

Guus
26-03-2015, 10:18
(26-03-2015 09:41)simoncn Wrote:  

I currently have acces to an older iPod, running iOS6 with Chorus. Chorus sees and can use MinimServer on the RPi....