Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sony SRS-X9 and Songpal
22-03-2015, 14:03 (This post was last modified: 22-03-2015 14:22 by AndrewTait.)
Sony SRS-X9 and Songpal
I wondered if somebody could help me.

I've recently purchased one of these Sony wireless speakers and naively thought that, being DLNA certified, the Sony should play happy with my existing Minimserver. I also have in my main listening room a Naim Unitiqute which has worked flawlessly together for over a year.

Using the Sonypal application, I cannot see my server. I've resulted to using the Media:connect iOS app and that does see it and I'm able to stream music. Using the Sony app has it's advantages though, mainly being able to switch the unit on from sleep.

Anyway, is there a way to make Minimserver visible to the Sony. If somebody has a solution I'd very much appreciate it.

I've tried using (cough) Asset and frankly it's awful. Started indexing yesterday afternoon and it still hadn't finished this morning. Dreadful software, soon deleted.

I'm currently running server on a QNAP NS-210. I'm using iTunes to manage the library, via a share, and Minimserver to both present the library and transcode my ALAC files to WAV.

Many Thanks,
Andrew.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
22-03-2015, 15:51
RE: Sony SRS-X9 and Songpal
(22-03-2015 14:03)AndrewTait Wrote:  I wondered if somebody could help me.

I've recently purchased one of these Sony wireless speakers and naively thought that, being DLNA certified, the Sony should play happy with my existing Minimserver. I also have in my main listening room a Naim Unitiqute which has worked flawlessly together for over a year.

Using the Sonypal application, I cannot see my server. I've resulted to using the Media:connect iOS app and that does see it and I'm able to stream music. Using the Sony app has it's advantages though, mainly being able to switch the unit on from sleep.

Anyway, is there a way to make Minimserver visible to the Sony. If somebody has a solution I'd very much appreciate it.

I've tried using (cough) Asset and frankly it's awful. Started indexing yesterday afternoon and it still hadn't finished this morning. Dreadful software, soon deleted.

I'm currently running server on a QNAP NS-210. I'm using iTunes to manage the library, via a share, and Minimserver to both present the library and transcode my ALAC files to WAV.

Many Thanks,
Andrew.

As MinimServer is working correctly with the Sony renderer when using other control points (such as Media:connect), it sounds like the problem is in the "Sonypal" app. (I couldn't find this app with a Google search.) Have you contacted Sony about this?
22-03-2015, 17:14
(22-03-2015 15:51)simoncn Wrote:  ... it sounds like the problem is in the "Sonypal" app. (I couldn't find this app with a Google search.)

The thread title says "Songpal", and there is such a Sony application. Unfortunately the disclaimer "Some features may not be supported by certain devices" in the features list is not encouraging.

David
22-03-2015, 18:40 (This post was last modified: 23-03-2015 12:08 by simoncn.)
(22-03-2015 17:14)DavidHB Wrote:  The thread title says "Songpal", and there is such a Sony application. Unfortunately the disclaimer "Some features may not be supported by certain devices" in the features list is not encouraging.

David

I was reading the post which says Sonypal. I have found the Songpal app but from the description it seems that I can't run it unless I have a Sony device.