Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WS.Reputation.1
17-03-2015, 15:08
WS.Reputation.1
Hi Simon,
I am trying to set up JPLAY Streamer on my laptop, so I downloaded your Minimserver as recommended by JPAY for Version 6 Beta. I wanted to test it before purchase.

My Norton Anti-Virus popped up RED and said WS.Reputation.1 was a very dangerous file and that the file had been removed.

This caused the install to fail.

I’m in no way saying that you good folks are trying to plant a virus on my laptop, but I’m sure you can understand my alarm.

A search for WS.Reputation.1 on your forum didn’t provide any information.

Can you please help me understand what this is, why it happened and how I should proceed?

Thank you so much,
Bean Counter
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
17-03-2015, 15:39
RE: WS.Reputation.1
(17-03-2015 15:08)Bean Counter Wrote:  Hi Simon,
I am trying to set up JPLAY Streamer on my laptop, so I downloaded your Minimserver as recommended by JPAY for Version 6 Beta. I wanted to test it before purchase.

My Norton Anti-Virus popped up RED and said WS.Reputation.1 was a very dangerous file and that the file had been removed.

This caused the install to fail.

I’m in no way saying that you good folks are trying to plant a virus on my laptop, but I’m sure you can understand my alarm.

A search for WS.Reputation.1 on your forum didn’t provide any information.

Can you please help me understand what this is, why it happened and how I should proceed?

Thank you so much,
Bean Counter

WS.Reputation.1 is the reason why Norton doesn't like the file, not the name of the file. Typically, this happens with files that haven't yet been downloaded by a large number of users. It doesn't mean there is anything wrong with the file. See this page for an explanation of why you are getting the message and the steps you can follow to restore the removed file from quarantine.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply