Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ignoring "The" does not work
20-11-2012, 20:06
Ignoring "The" does not work
I enabled the "ignoreThe" property in the Minim configuration (see attached screenshot). Albums are in the correct group (e.g "The Dark Knight" appears under "D") but when choosing "D" the albums starting with "The" are placed at the end of the list. Is there something wrong with my Minim configuration?

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
20-11-2012, 20:27
RE: Ignoring "The" does not work
(20-11-2012 20:06)zebra Wrote:  I enabled the "ignoreThe" property in the Minim configuration (see attached screenshot). Albums are in the correct group (e.g "The Dark Knight" appears under "D") but when choosing "D" the albums starting with "The" are placed at the end of the list. Is there something wrong with my Minim configuration?

I tried this and it's working correctly for me. I can't see anything wrong with your configuration. Some questions:

1) What browsing steps (exactly) did you use to bring up the "D" section of the album list?

2) Where does "The Dark Knight" appear if you select "Show all" from the alpha-grouped list of albums?

3) Which version of MinimServer are you using?
20-11-2012, 21:08
(20-11-2012 20:27)simoncn Wrote:  1) What browsing steps (exactly) did you use to bring up the "D" section of the album list?

From the root menu: Barcode (as Albumkünstler) -> D

Most of my files are in FLAC format.

(20-11-2012 20:27)simoncn Wrote:  2) Where does "The Dark Knight" appear if you select "Show all" from the alpha-grouped list of albums?

Which "Show all" do you mean? The list of all albums for an artist? The album order is the same.

(20-11-2012 20:27)simoncn Wrote:  3) Which version of MinimServer are you using?

I'm using the latest version (with Java 7 on Synology DS 213).
20-11-2012, 21:32
(20-11-2012 21:08)zebra Wrote:  From the root menu: Barcode (as Albumkünstler) -> D

When I do this, I get a list of artists starting with D, not a list of albums. These artists are sorted in the correct order (ignoring "The"). Do you go through some further steps to get a list of albums?

Quote:Most of my files are in FLAC format.

This shouldn't affect the sort order.

Quote:Which "Show all" do you mean? The list of all albums for an artist? The album order is the same.

Let's defer this question until I've understood exactly how you're obtaining the list of albums that's sorted in the wrong order.
20-11-2012, 21:36
(20-11-2012 21:32)simoncn Wrote:  
(20-11-2012 21:08)zebra Wrote:  From the root menu: Barcode (as Albumkünstler) -> D

When I do this, I get a list of artists starting with D, not a list of albums. These artists are sorted in the correct order (ignoring "The"). Do you go through some further steps to get a list of albums?

Sorry, these are the steps to get to the album list:

From the root menu: Barcode (as Albumkünstler) -> H -> Hans Zimmer -> 75 albums

The sort order is the same when doing (different album list of course):

From the root menu: 862 albums -> D
20-11-2012, 22:27
(20-11-2012 21:36)zebra Wrote:  Sorry, these are the steps to get to the album list:

From the root menu: Barcode (as Albumkünstler) -> H -> Hans Zimmer -> 75 albums

Thanks for the clarification.

I think I know what's causing the problem. Are you by any chance using a control point that imposes its own sort order on the lists that MinimServer sends to it? Songbook Lite will do this by default, and you need to change this setting from "123" or "Abc" to "---" to see the correct sort order that MinimServer is sending to the control point.
21-11-2012, 19:02
(20-11-2012 22:27)simoncn Wrote:  I think I know what's causing the problem. Are you by any chance using a control point that imposes its own sort order on the lists that MinimServer sends to it? Songbook Lite will do this by default, and you need to change this setting from "123" or "Abc" to "---" to see the correct sort order that MinimServer is sending to the control point.

You're right. "Smart sort" was activated in BubbleUPnP (apparently "Smart sorting" isn't that smartWink). After deactivating this setting the sort order is as expected. Cool
21-11-2012, 20:22
(21-11-2012 19:02)zebra Wrote:  You're right. "Smart sort" was activated in BubbleUPnP (apparently "Smart sorting" isn't that smartWink). After deactivating this setting the sort order is as expected. Cool

Thanks for letting me know. I'll add a note to the "Control points" section of the User guide explaining this.
08-11-2013, 15:21
Hi,
I am using minim 0.72.1-x86 on my Synology DS-412+ w Lumin as control point on my Ipad - trying to get the ignore.The setting to work with no avail.
The irritating thing is that I managed to get it to work previously, but had to reinstall (due to the bug with dual ports and Linn), what am I doing wrong?
My Tag.Options setting looks like this: Album.sortTags={Album, Artist}, [all].sortValue.ignoreThe, -Album.sortValue.ignoreThe
I've pressed Apply, then OK, then restarted the server.
On the control side, I've chosen Setup -> Music Library -> Reload Music Library to no avail. The Lumin app is up-to-date as well.
What am I doing wrong?
Should I re-install minimserver and try anew?
08-11-2013, 15:52
(08-11-2013 15:21)Linn_agnostik Wrote:  Hi,
I am using minim 0.72.1-x86 on my Synology DS-412+ w Lumin as control point on my Ipad - trying to get the ignore.The setting to work with no avail.
The irritating thing is that I managed to get it to work previously, but had to reinstall (due to the bug with dual ports and Linn), what am I doing wrong?
My Tag.Options setting looks like this: Album.sortTags={Album, Artist}, [all].sortValue.ignoreThe, -Album.sortValue.ignoreThe
I've pressed Apply, then OK, then restarted the server.
On the control side, I've chosen Setup -> Music Library -> Reload Music Library to no avail. The Lumin app is up-to-date as well.
What am I doing wrong?
Should I re-install minimserver and try anew?

This setting will ignore "The" when sorting lists sent from MinimServer to the control point, except for lists of albums. I've tried this setting myself and confirmed that it is working correctly.

Even though MinimServer is sending these lists to the control point in the correct order, there is no guarantee that this order will be preserved when the control point displays the list to the user. Can you try a different control point such as Kinsky or BubbleDS? If these control points are showing the lists sorted as you expect, the problem is at the LUMIN end.