Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Tagging Query
23-11-2014, 23:57
Another Tagging Query
Ok, I'll try and keep this as simple as possible.

Compilation Album.
I tag the 'Album Artist' as 'Various' and then put the artist of each individual track in the 'Track Artist' box. I can then use Kinsky to search for compilation albums under 'Various' in the 'Album Artist' section, which seems to work well. However, I then see a list of track titles without the artists name listed underneath. Why is this?
For Example... The Album 'Alternative Eighties' shows a list of songs, like this...
Rock The Casbah
The First Picture Of You
Pretty In Pink
Brilliant Mind
...But there is no artist listed under each track despite the track artist being tagged.

Is there any way of displaying the Artist along with the track title when browsing compilation albums with multiple artists?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
24-11-2014, 10:08
RE: Another Tagging Query
(23-11-2014 23:57)leighton buzzard Wrote:  Ok, I'll try and keep this as simple as possible.

Compilation Album.
I tag the 'Album Artist' as 'Various' and then put the artist of each individual track in the 'Track Artist' box. I can then use Kinsky to search for compilation albums under 'Various' in the 'Album Artist' section, which seems to work well. However, I then see a list of track titles without the artists name listed underneath. Why is this?
For Example... The Album 'Alternative Eighties' shows a list of songs, like this...
Rock The Casbah
The First Picture Of You
Pretty In Pink
Brilliant Mind
...But there is no artist listed under each track despite the track artist being tagged.

Is there any way of displaying the Artist along with the track title when browsing compilation albums with multiple artists?

Which platform are you using to run Kinsky? This is working for me using Kinsky on Windows and Kinsky on iPad.

What format are your files (e.g., FLAC, ALAC, MP3, MP4/M4A, etc.)?

Which tagging program are you using?
25-11-2014, 09:32
I run Kinsky on a MAC & on a Windows machine. It's the same on both.

99.9% is in FLAC although there are a couple of 320k MP3's.

Tagging is done with either MP3 Tag (Windows) or Metadatics (MAC).
25-11-2014, 10:55
(25-11-2014 09:32)leighton buzzard Wrote:  I run Kinsky on a MAC & on a Windows machine. It's the same on both.

99.9% is in FLAC although there are a couple of 320k MP3's.

Tagging is done with either MP3 Tag (Windows) or Metadatics (MAC).

Please post a sceenshot from Kinsky on Windows showing the problem.
04-12-2014, 08:30
Sorry, how do I attach the screen shot?
04-12-2014, 09:08
(04-12-2014 08:30)leighton buzzard Wrote:  Sorry, how do I attach the screen shot?

When you type a post, there is an Attachments section underneath where you are typing. You need to do the following:

1) Use the Browse button next to New Attachment to locate and select the file to attach

2) Use the Add Attachment button to add the selected file as an attachment to your post (don't forget this step)
04-12-2014, 11:12
Sorry, Simon. I was trying to use the quick reply option which doesn't seem to allow attachments. Doh!

Here's the issue. It's a compilation album but the Artist of each track isn't displaying despite being tagged in MP3 Tag or Metadatics.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

04-12-2014, 12:11
(04-12-2014 11:12)leighton buzzard Wrote:  Sorry, Simon. I was trying to use the quick reply option which doesn't seem to allow attachments. Doh!

Here's the issue. It's a compilation album but the Artist of each track isn't displaying despite being tagged in MP3 Tag or Metadatics.

This seems to be a problem with the Mac version of Kinsky. It is working OK for me with Kinsky for Windows.