Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
USB HDD Connected to Synology
08-11-2014, 19:46
USB HDD Connected to Synology
Hello - I'm new here and using MinimServer on a Synology DS213j and streaming to an Oppo BDP-105. I have a WD HDD connected to the DS213j via USB. Is there a way to see the WD HDD as a second directory to the DS213j?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-11-2014, 23:00 (This post was last modified: 08-11-2014 23:01 by simoncn.)
RE: USB HDD Connected to Synology
(08-11-2014 19:46)brownbear Wrote:  Hello - I'm new here and using MinimServer on a Synology DS213j and streaming to an Oppo BDP-105. I have a WD HDD connected to the DS213j via USB. Is there a way to see the WD HDD as a second directory to the DS213j?

Welcome to the MinimServer forum!

You can use steps 1) and 2) from this page to find the content directory path for the WD HDD.

Instead of step 3), select Properties from MinimWatch, click '+' next to contentDir, paste the path into the new empty contentDir field and click OK. After you have done this, select Rescan.
08-11-2014, 23:35
(08-11-2014 23:00)simoncn Wrote:  
(08-11-2014 19:46)brownbear Wrote:  Hello - I'm new here and using MinimServer on a Synology DS213j and streaming to an Oppo BDP-105. I have a WD HDD connected to the DS213j via USB. Is there a way to see the WD HDD as a second directory to the DS213j?

Welcome to the MinimServer forum!

You can use steps 1) and 2) from this page to find the content directory path for the WD HDD.

Instead of step 3), select Properties from MinimWatch, click '+' next to contentDir, paste the path into the new empty contentDir field and click OK. After you have done this, select Rescan.

Thanks, I figured it had something to do with not having MinimWatch, so I downloaded it to my desktop PC (win64). Since then I can't get it to work and MinimServer won't open on the DS anymore either. Something went haywire.
09-11-2014, 00:34
...An update to the last post. I upgraded to DSM 5.1 and that "almost" did the trick. MinimServer opens again in DSM 5.1 and MinimWatch is green lighted on my desktop PC. The only remaining issue is I cannot open MinimWatch from the desktop shortcut or from Start-Programs-MinimServer-MinimWatch. I double click and nothing happens Sad
09-11-2014, 06:20
(09-11-2014 00:34)brownbear Wrote:  ...An update to the last post. I upgraded to DSM 5.1 and that "almost" did the trick. MinimServer opens again in DSM 5.1 and MinimWatch is green lighted on my desktop PC. The only remaining issue is I cannot open MinimWatch from the desktop shortcut or from Start-Programs-MinimServer-MinimWatch. I double click and nothing happens Sad

I still can't open MinimWatch on my desktop PC via shortcut or through Start>Programs. I have uninstalled/reinstalled Java a number of times (7 & 8), uninstalled/reinstalled MinimWatch, tried the 32 bit versions, and changed Java associations through Control Panel....Still can't get it to open. Any help appreciated, but I have to go Nitey Nite for now Angel
09-11-2014, 08:20
(09-11-2014 06:20)brownbear Wrote:  I still can't open MinimWatch on my desktop PC via shortcut or through Start>Programs. I have uninstalled/reinstalled Java a number of times (7 & 8), uninstalled/reinstalled MinimWatch, tried the 32 bit versions, and changed Java associations through Control Panel....Still can't get it to open. Any help appreciated, but I have to go Nitey Nite for now Angel

Have you found some other way to open MinimWatch?

If you look at the filetype associations in Control Panel, is .jar listed? If so, which program is associated with it?
09-11-2014, 16:53
(09-11-2014 08:20)simoncn Wrote:  
(09-11-2014 06:20)brownbear Wrote:  I still can't open MinimWatch on my desktop PC via shortcut or through Start>Programs. I have uninstalled/reinstalled Java a number of times (7 & 8), uninstalled/reinstalled MinimWatch, tried the 32 bit versions, and changed Java associations through Control Panel....Still can't get it to open. Any help appreciated, but I have to go Nitey Nite for now Angel

Have you found some other way to open MinimWatch?

If you look at the filetype associations in Control Panel, is .jar listed? If so, which program is associated with it?

No, I haven't found any other way to open MinimWatch. In Control Panel, .jar is associated with Jave ™ Platform SE Binary.
09-11-2014, 19:32
(09-11-2014 16:53)brownbear Wrote:  No, I haven't found any other way to open MinimWatch. In Control Panel, .jar is associated with Jave ™ Platform SE Binary.

Are you sure MinimWatch isn't opening? Have you looked in the system tray icon overflow area to check if the minim icon is there?
09-11-2014, 23:47
Ok, I'm an idiot I guess. I did not realize that double clicking the desktop shortcut opens the program in the sys tray. It was working all along