Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MinimServer-0.8.2a-x86.spk on DSM 5.1
07-11-2014, 23:59
MinimServer-0.8.2a-x86.spk on DSM 5.1
Hello Simon. Just updated Synology DS412+ to DSM 5.1 and tried to install the new minimserver package "MinimServer-0.8.2a-x86.spk" but when i try to install it i get a massage "Action failed".Can not install it. The older package still works on new DSM 5.1 though, but can not install the newer minimserver package. I don't dare to uninstall the older minimserver package "MinimServer-0.8.2-x86.spk" to try to install the new package in case that i won't be able to install it att all after uninstall.
Any hint how i can install the new package would be appreciated.

Thanks in advanced!
Meffy
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-11-2014, 09:42
RE: MinimServer-0.8.2a-x86.spk on DSM 5.1
(07-11-2014 23:59)Meffy Wrote:  Hello Simon. Just updated Synology DS412+ to DSM 5.1 and tried to install the new minimserver package "MinimServer-0.8.2a-x86.spk" but when i try to install it i get a massage "Action failed".Can not install it. The older package still works on new DSM 5.1 though, but can not install the newer minimserver package. I don't dare to uninstall the older minimserver package "MinimServer-0.8.2-x86.spk" to try to install the new package in case that i won't be able to install it att all after uninstall.
Any hint how i can install the new package would be appreciated.

Thanks in advanced!
Meffy

I will install DSM 5.1 on my DS713+ later today and try this.

The only change in the 0.8.2a package is added support for the DS415+. For the DS412+, there's no need to install the 0.8.2a package.
08-11-2014, 16:42
(08-11-2014 09:42)simoncn Wrote:  I will install DSM 5.1 on my DS713+ later today and try this.

I tried this and it worked after I changed the Package Center setting for Trust Level to 'Any publisher'. If the setting is 'Synology Inc.' or 'Synology Inc. and trusted publishers', I get a message saying the package doesn't contain a digital signature.
08-11-2014, 22:44 (This post was last modified: 08-11-2014 22:46 by Meffy.)
(08-11-2014 16:42)simoncn Wrote:  
(08-11-2014 09:42)simoncn Wrote:  I will install DSM 5.1 on my DS713+ later today and try this.

I tried this and it worked after I changed the Package Center setting for Trust Level to 'Any publisher'. If the setting is 'Synology Inc.' or 'Synology Inc. and trusted publishers', I get a message saying the package doesn't contain a digital signature.

Hello Simon and thank you for your quick reply. Well.. i have as well this option enabled 'Any publisher' but the thing is that i don't get any message saying "the package doesn't contain a digital signature" but "Action failure". As i said i don't dare to uninstall any previous package to install the newer if it that's why i can not install the newer in case i won't be able to install any package att all. But i will do further investication on synology forums and hopefully someone has the same issue and solved it.

Thanks anyway. Just hope that i can fix it cause i dont want to miss any future important minimserver update.

Cheers.
Meffy
08-11-2014, 23:09
(08-11-2014 22:44)Meffy Wrote:  Hello Simon and thank you for your quick reply. Well.. i have as well this option enabled 'Any publisher' but the thing is that i don't get any message saying "the package doesn't contain a digital signature" but "Action failure". As i said i don't dare to uninstall any previous package to install the newer if it that's why i can not install the newer in case i won't be able to install any package att all. But i will do further investication on synology forums and hopefully someone has the same issue and solved it.

Thanks anyway. Just hope that i can fix it cause i dont want to miss any future important minimserver update.

Cheers.
Meffy

Is the message the same as that shown in this post? If so, you can read the referenced thread for some ideas for fixing it. The first step is to try a different browser.
08-11-2014, 23:35
(08-11-2014 23:09)simoncn Wrote:  
(08-11-2014 22:44)Meffy Wrote:  Hello Simon and thank you for your quick reply. Well.. i have as well this option enabled 'Any publisher' but the thing is that i don't get any message saying "the package doesn't contain a digital signature" but "Action failure". As i said i don't dare to uninstall any previous package to install the newer if it that's why i can not install the newer in case i won't be able to install any package att all. But i will do further investication on synology forums and hopefully someone has the same issue and solved it.

Cheers.
Meffy

Is the message the same as that shown in this post? If so, you can read the referenced thread for some ideas for fixing it. The first step is to try a different browser.

Ah..thanks alot Simon. Yes, it was exactly this massage i got but in Swedish, and i did as you suggested, tried another browser, namely Internet Explorer and worked like charm. First browser with failure was Google Chrome 64bit for whom may concern.

Thanks alot.

Cheers Meffy