Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
group, composition etc
25-10-2014, 14:38
Question group, composition etc
You often talk about the tags "group" and "composition" for tagging classical music. With mp3tag, however I can't find any of those tags ("orchestra" ist another one I missed). Instead, mp3tag offers %CONTENTGROUP%

Is this the same? Where to look closer?

Thanks in advance
Hafer
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
25-10-2014, 15:33 (This post was last modified: 25-10-2014 15:34 by beckphotonik.)
RE: group, composition etc
(25-10-2014 14:38)Hafer Wrote:  You often talk about the tags "group" and "composition" for tagging classical music. With mp3tag, however I can't find any of those tags ("orchestra" ist another one I missed). Instead, mp3tag offers %CONTENTGROUP%

Is this the same? Where to look closer?

Thanks in advance
Hafer

They are not "standard" tags. I do not know whether you can add custom tags to mp3tag but it is what I have to do on Metadatics for the Mac.

Melco N1ZH/2 (updated to EX) MinimServer2, Chord M Scaler, DAVE, SPM1200MKII, Wilson Benesch Vectors
25-10-2014, 15:40
(25-10-2014 15:33)beckphotonik Wrote:  They are not "standard" tags. I do not know whether you can add custom tags to mp3tag but it is what I have to do on Metadatics for the Mac.

That did the trick!

Thx Hafer
25-10-2014, 23:03
(25-10-2014 15:33)beckphotonik Wrote:  I do not know whether you can add custom tags to mp3tag but it is what I have to do on Metadatics for the Mac.
You can add custom tags in MP3Tag. In fact, I'm not sure that there is a standard set of tags; there's just what particular burning or tag editing programs use as their default. MP3 allows you to customise this default set and choose what you display in the tag editing panel.

David