Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
.m3u exclude from indexing
14-09-2014, 02:18
.m3u exclude from indexing
Hi!
For same reasons i need to exclude .m3u files from indexing/reading.
Don't use it, but need for some torrent seeding. It's possible without move/delete .m3u files themselves??

Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
14-09-2014, 07:18
RE: .m3u exclude from indexing
(14-09-2014 02:18)finvarg Wrote:  Hi!
For same reasons i need to exclude .m3u files from indexing/reading.
Don't use it, but need for some torrent seeding. It's possible without move/delete .m3u files themselves??

Thanks

The only way to do this is to make them "hidden" files. On Linux and Mac, a file is "hidden" if its name starts with a period. On Windows, this is controlled by the "hidden" attribute.
16-09-2014, 01:39 (This post was last modified: 16-09-2014 01:48 by finvarg.)
(14-09-2014 07:18)simoncn Wrote:  The only way to do this is to make them "hidden" files. On Linux and Mac, a file is "hidden" if its name starts with a period. On Windows, this is controlled by the "hidden" attribute.
I'm running server on qnap intel nas. I hope, that base function would be included in next update, as turn-of all artists, all playlist, etc. on start menu.

P.S. I think Minimserver is amazing, but a bit hard to use. Thank you for this work!
07-10-2014, 13:27
(14-09-2014 07:18)simoncn Wrote:  The only way to do this is to make them "hidden" files. On Linux and Mac, a file is "hidden" if its name starts with a period. On Windows, this is controlled by the "hidden" attribute.

All my files on QNAP. I use a Windows PC to control. «Hidden» don't work (.m3u still indexing by server). Please tell me — we have a chance to exclude file types from indexing in future MinimServer releases? Thank you for your work.
07-10-2014, 14:11
(07-10-2014 13:27)finvarg Wrote:  All my files on QNAP. I use a Windows PC to control. «Hidden» don't work (.m3u still indexing by server). Please tell me — we have a chance to exclude file types from indexing in future MinimServer releases? Thank you for your work.

On QNAP (which uses Linux), you can make a file "hidden" by starting its name with a period. For example, a file named .playlist.m3u would not be scanned by MinimServer.
08-10-2014, 01:18
(07-10-2014 14:11)simoncn Wrote:  On QNAP (which uses Linux), you can make a file "hidden" by starting its name with a period. For example, a file named .playlist.m3u would not be scanned by MinimServer.

Thank you. Did it, but, as i has said before — they are for torrents only. If name is changed, can't seed anymore.